Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

• 19-04-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought a new notebook. Its working fine apart from the fact that i can't seem to connect it to the internet.

When i click on internet explorer, i get the above error message. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Ive researched a good bit on my desktop but can't find anything that works.

I'm getting pretty frustrated at this stage! Its pretty annoying when it seems like a relatively straight forward problem! :mad:

Hopefully someone here can help.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JIMMIE123

Have you tried firefox, safari or google chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

JIMMIE123 wrote: »
    Have you tried firefox, safari or google chrome

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Havent tried them. Not very computer literate im afraid. :o
    Any advice on trying out that idea? Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 obrien.cathal

Hi,

Are you connecting wirelessly and getting a proper connection? If you go to the control panel and select the text that reads 'View network status and tasks' are you given any indication that you are connected to the internet?

Cathal

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I know this my sound like stupid, but...

Have you switched on the wireless?

is the wireless network encrypted?

Also, do you have a LAN cable (big fat telephone cable) , if so you should able to connect to computer and your router ( modem ).

Advertisement