Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Choices.

Options
  • 19-04-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I got money today from selling games and I want to get a game. The choices are Moh, Homefront or Dragon Age 2. I am open to suggestions and its for Ps3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sod that... Just get Portal 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Damn it i meant to mention ive already pre ordered that but wont be able to play it much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I got money today from selling games and I want to get a game. The choices are Moh, Homefront or Dragon Age 2. I am open to suggestions and its for Ps3.

none of the above tbh

i was hoping for more choices aswell. I got Crysis 2 and Killzone and crap load more

TBH there's not much point asking people to pick for you.

Go to IGN or Gametrailers and look up some reviews.

You can only decide yourself really.

• Advertisement

haha thats kinda the reason i put up this thread but good point. Any body know can you go back on your choice of a voucher for Smyths and take the money instead?

haha thats kinda the reason i put up this thread but good point. Any body know can you go back on your choice of a voucher for Smyths and take the money instead?

Personally I wouldn't care what someone tells me about a game.

A good word about it will only lead to me checking out a few reviews, if it scores bad I wouldn't bother buying it whether or not I had planned to going by earlier trailers etc..(Mafia 2 and the upcoming Socom were two I was looking forward too but reviews killed for me)

I got caught out enough times back in the day to learn to stop going by fancy boxes or games with a rep'.
    Last bad game I got stuck with was Call of Juaraz even after reading average reviews I still said I'd chance it.

They won't hand you money from the till anyway.
    I've been given E1-E4 vouchers after making a purchase with credit, they don't want to be handing one penny out that they don't have too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

if u play multi player homefronts easily the best MULTI PLAYER game on ps3 at the moment once u reach lvl 6, if its single player dragon age 2 is ok

Damn cos I wanted to buy Battlefield 2 for pc or else Hitman Trilogy but now im bound to Smyths. I could buy some lego hahahaha

caspa307 wrote: »
    if u play multi player homefronts easily the best MULTI PLAYER game on ps3 at the moment once u reach lvl 6, if its single player dragon age 2 is ok

Dude im absolutely delighted you said that. If I buy it 2nd hand though do I have to buy an Online Voucher from psn to play it online?

• Advertisement

Exact reason I wouldn't take advice of other people. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/homefront

70/100 average..... there are plenty of other shooters you could pay E50 for that are above 80/100

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I believe you get Mass Effect 2 free with DA2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well if I needed to get one from your list, I would go for moh.

Multiplayer is pretty good, but has one awefull dreadfull problem - choose of equipment and guns. Ather then that its pretty solid shooter. You will learn one tactic which you will newer ever see in any online shooter so far - taking ****ing cover!

I would suggest you to keep the vouchers untill may m8. Brink, l.a. Noire coming out. 2 titles which look pretty solid so far.

I know it's hard to keep vouchers untouched. I had 300eu vouchers last month. I am down to 120eu and I got 3 games preordered too... I thought I will be able to dodge mortal combat, but it looks it's a must have game. :(

I think the fact that MoH filled used games sections like no other game tells enough about it.

It only scored average reviews based on the single player, if your getting it for multiplayer then there are far better shooters out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Dude im absolutely delighted you said that. If I buy it 2nd hand though do I have to buy an Online Voucher from psn to play it online?

no you can play standard deatmatches without a code

Exact reason I wouldn't take advice of other people. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/homefront

70/100 average..... there are plenty of other shooters you could pay E50 for that are above 80/100

metacritic really? have you played homefront gilberto? singleplayers **** i agree but the multiplayer in that game is epic

metacritic really? have you played homefront gilberto? singleplayers **** i agree but the multiplayer in that game is epic

What ya mean ''Metacritic really?'' that it's a bad indicator?

It's not though, takes all reviews and gives an average score with easy access to any of them.

No I haven't I wouldn't bother paying E50 for a game that's getting **** reviews.
    I have BC2 which is still miles better then most of the junk that's came out since.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

No I haven't I wouldn't bother paying E50 for a game that's getting **** reviews.
    I have BC2 which is still miles better then most of the junk that's came out since.

For anyone who wants Homefront it's currently on sale in Gamestop brand spanking new for €28.

Says something for the sales of the game. I havent played it yet so I cant comment more!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

eioneill wrote: »
    For anyone who wants Homefront it's currently on sale in Gamestop brand spanking new for €28.

Says something for the sales of the game. I havent played it yet so I cant comment more!

That went to **** storm damn fast.... So how much second hand copies are now? If i can get brand new one for less then 20 quid I would give it a shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I haven't heard anything overwhelmingly positive from friends about Homefronts MP. Only that it's better than the (awful?) SP.

The ones that were playing it for a bit have gone back to other games already.

• Advertisement

Yeah, ill wait for L.a Noire but i gotta do my Junior Cert Before i can play it cos il get stuck to it and ditch the studying haha

Advertisement