Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something nice for my GF.....

Options
  • 19-04-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, my gf is always doing nice things for me, and i take take take a lot of the time. However, i do like her alot, so want to do something nice for her this weekend. I am not exactly flush with cash, but wanna do something to spoil her a little and show that i care. Also, i am not very imaginitive. Anyone got any nice ideas or anyone got any stories of when their other half did something nice for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there,

While the personal issues forum is for asking for advice, it isn't within the forum remit to share stories - think you'll get better advice/ideas/stories here.

:cool:

Well the weather's great at the moment. I'm living out in Howth and it's absolutely gorgeous at the moment, so if you're in Dublin you could take her out for a picnic, or for a drink in the front beer garden of the Summit Inn, or if you're into walking/nature there's loads to see up around the hill. Plenty of other places you can do all this too. Even packing some food and a blanket and going to a park like Merrion square would be lovely, and it will give her a chance to dress all summery (don't forget to bring a brolly just in case!).

You could cook her dinner, make your kitchen look restauranty by setting a tablecloth, candles, bottle of wine or two, and take care of everything for her. You could take her to the Zoo, have a bite in the Meerkat Restaurant. You could take her to one of the nice tea shops in town if she's into that.

As for stories, I'm not sure mine would apply as I'm a bit weird with stuff like that and also very easily pleased. The nicest thing my OH has done for me (in terms of what other people seem to think is nice, he has done bigger, grander things too but this is the one that always stands out for me), once I was studying for college exams and I was really really stressed. To make things worse I couldn't find a pencil anywhere and I needed it for an lab report I had to hand in. He called me up asking if I wanted a cuppa and I was unsure, I just didn't have much time but I said yeah, made some joke about "go out and buy me a bouquet of pencils". It was a total joke but when he showed up at my house he had bought some for me! It was so nice because it was a surprise and it showed he knew I was having a stressful time.

If your OH is anything like me, I'd recommend something fun/on the childish side. If she likes chocolate, spontaneously buy her an easter egg! Drive her out (or if you can afford it, get a taxi!) to the nearest supermarket and make a huge deal about getting her an easter egg. But everyone's idea of fun is different. I like a giggle and throwing away my adultness for a while, whereas some girls prefer serious romantic gestures etc.

Advertisement