Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eno album!

Options
  • 19-04-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

The move to Warp Records seems to have been a stimulating one for the prof Brian Eno - he has a new album due out shortly following his 2010 Small Craft On a Milk Sea with Jon Hopkins and Leo Abrahams. The new album's themes seem to be familiar Eno territory, but the pattern of collaborating with idiosyncratic musicians and artists (in this case Rick Holland), followed again with this release, adds a distinct new flavor to his sound (to mix my metaphors). A preview track off the album called "Glitch" has been released already which, for me at least, gives a very positive impression of the rest of the record.

http://brian-eno.net/drums-between-the-bells/

Has anybody else got any opinions on the preview? Expecting anything good from this collaboration? And perhaps it's an interesting time to review Small Craft on a Milk Sea now that we've had time to digest it? :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah was surprised to see the alert from Bleep today about this, seems pretty quick after the last one. Haven't had a chance to listen to the preview yet but on my list of things to do on the web tonight!

I love a lot of the last album but find it a bit disjointed as an album listening experience - the ambient stuff is lovely and what you'd expect from ambient Eno, the rest is great too but I just don't like how it all sits together - if I feel like ambient I want ambient all the way through. And for that reason, I've probably only listened to the album 4 or 5 times. Might stick it on again tonight actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I totally agree with your sentiments about Small Craft. Emerald and Lime, Complex Heaven and so on are all so meditative and tranquil, and then suddenly Flint March comes on and you don't know where you are! It's funny in that it completely bridges polarities - it seems to leap the distance between noise/distortion and ambience very suddenly.

Looking forward to hearing a few new previews from this album though. "Glitch" seems to start off slowly, towards the end there are some very interesting sonic occurrences ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Just had a listen now, very nice - quite like the IDM 'Glitch' sound of a few years back but with a new slant. That preview certainly has me interested anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

He's an awful tease, isn't he? :P

Advertisement