Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I have a minute of your time please ?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

As you may or may not be aware, I am running the Edinburgh marathon on the 22nd of May. This is my first attempt at a marathon and I have been training for it since December.

I am running in memory of my mum who I lost last October and also my dear friend Robert Blackley .

Robert was killed in a road accident last November, he had just completed his first marathon (Dublin) and he was already planning to take on Edinburgh before the accident happened.

Sadly Robert didn’t have any life cover in place so I am looking to raise funds for Robert’s wife (Anne) and his 2 little girls, Shona (11) and Cara (7).

I would really appreciate it if you could make a donation, there is no amount too little. To assist with the process I have set up a bank account called The Robert Blackley Memorial Fund. The details of which are set out below:

Bank = Bank of Ireland
    Account No = 81970112
    Sort Code = 90-06-07
    IBAN No = IE25 BOFI 9006 0781 9701 12

If you would prefer to make a donation by an alternative method, please contact me and I can make the necessary arrangements.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards

Shane

Me and Robbie on my wedding day :)

DSC00801.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Fair play to you, hope you get well supported with this. Il direct a few non spurs people to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Fair play to you, hope you get well supported with this. Il direct a few non spurs people to this post.

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

All the best with it buddy, sorry to hear about your poor Mum (lost mine in Oct too) and your friend, fair play to you for trying to make a difference.

All the best with it buddy, sorry to hear about your poor Mum (lost mine in Oct too) and your friend, fair play to you for trying to make a difference.

thank you very much :)

I have set up a Pay Pal account,

If you would like to make a donation by paypal my Paypal account name is shanejosephluke@gmail.com

Hope you have a great Easter

Early night tonight, 14 miles to do tomorrow !

All the best

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Fair play Shane, great idea. Not only honors the memories of those you loved but also make a difference to those still here. Hope you get well supported for a great cause.
    I will sticky this for you so all those who know you get the opportunity to see it.

Good luck mate.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Fair play Shane, great idea. Not only honors the memories of those you loved but also make a difference to those still here. Hope you get well supported for a great cause.
    I will sticky this for you so all those who know you get the opportunity to see it.

Good luck mate.

thanks very much Mark - gentleman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Gllod luck tomorrow Shane!

Well Folks, just got back from Edinburgh via a combination of boat, train, hire car and taxi due to the bloody ash cloud.

Got the marathon finished in 5hrs 51min, I was very happy to break the 6 hour mark, especially given the howling gale I had to face into for the last 8 miles.

It was extremely tough but very rewarding and emotional in the end.
    Will I attempt another one ? I reckon I will

Thanks once again for your support :)

020.jpg

Me and my 2 pals who were also running for Anne and the Girls

021.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Quality stuff, fair play to you fella..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Well done mate.

I managed to raise €3,331 marathon sponsorship for my deceast pal's wife and Kids.

I'm going to Liverpool tomorrow to present the cheque to Anne.

Thank you very much to all those who donated

Advertisement