Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Garda resources

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

E39MSport wrote: »

I live in a relatively isolated area near Donadea and always keep an eye/camera or 3 out. I text the neighbours if I see anything odd and they reciprocate.

I live not far from you, close to Enfield but in Kildare Co Co. I find it ridiculous that I am 5 minutes away from Enfield but the Gardai will not attend to my home/area as it is not their jurisdiction. My local station is Kilcock, however I am not sure if this is ever actually open. I popped down one morning at 11am recently to report a joyrider that has been a menace with speeding through the village together with an unbelievably loud exhaust on a daily basis, often several times per day. The sign on the station said it was open from 09:00 - 13:00 but there was nobody there. There was a Garda phone on the wall beside the door so I used this to talk to the next local station (Leixlip). It was engaged. Tried 2 more times over a few minutes and still no joy. I gave up at this stage, unable to report a crime to my local Garda station or the main station.

I pity anyone who breaks into my house while I am there as I will use whatever force is necessary to protect it and myself. The fact that the local station after hours (which seems to be all the time!) is Leixlip and is 26 kilomotres away, I reckon it will take a squad car some time to get to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I agree. 'Society' is letting everybody down in this country. I reckon it will get a lot worse too.

You could try calling that Traffic Watch line: - 1890 205 805

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Coupled with some damning stats on Propserous from what I hear.

what were the daming stats on Prosperous?

kaiphas wrote: »
    what were the daming stats on Prosperous?

My brother gave me a shout about an article in a local paper so I'm assuming it's the same thing we're talking about.

I have yet to read it but he said something along the lines of the arrest rates in Properous were among the highest in the country.

Splendid. It certinay isn't somewhere I like to be at any time of the day.

I'll confirm when I read the article.

(edit) In fact, only last week there was a Tiger kidnapping around the corner from me. A few weeks before that one of my neighbours was broken into and another had a car broken into.

Happy days. Long live the Republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

In fairness there were 25,000 reported burgalries across the country in 2008 alone which has no doubt increased. There were 48,000 in 2006! So yeah its fairly likely we all know someone who has had a house break-in. (http://www.phonewatch.ie/index.php/about_phonewatch/news_from_phonewatch_/burglary_report/burglary_report_2008/16)

I know Prosperous well and certainly wouldn't see any major problem in comparison to other areas of the county and country. The tiger kidnapping occurs everywhere as you can see from the news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 forestcritter

I drink in the forest, garda know about this, garda do nothing about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have yet to read it but he said something along the lines of the arrest rates in Properous were among the highest in the country.

Splendid. It certinay isn't somewhere I like to be at any time of the day.

To me, that means that the gardai in prosperous are doing their job and applying law. It is the judges and DPP that fails to apply the letter of the law after this when they get off scot free.

Pity the gardai in newbridge are'nt so good at applying the law as the town is going downhill fast.

qwytre wrote: »
    In fairness there were 25,000 reported burgalries across the country in 2008 alone which has no doubt increased. There were 48,000 in 2006! So yeah its fairly likely we all know someone who has had a house break-in. (http://www.phonewatch.ie/index.php/about_phonewatch/news_from_phonewatch_/burglary_report/burglary_report_2008/16)

I know Prosperous well and certainly wouldn't see any major problem in comparison to other areas of the county and country. The tiger kidnapping occurs everywhere as you can see from the news.

Then you'll know that an inordinate number of households within a cycling distance of a Timahoe have experienced a break-in or trespass/theft etc in the past few months.

Propserous itself is a complete sh1thole. You'd be safer on O'Connell Street at 3am. :)

Then you'll know that an inordinate number of households within a cycling distance of a Timahoe have experienced a break-in or trespass/theft etc in the past few months.

Propserous itself is a complete sh1thole. You'd be safer on O'Connell Street at 3am. :)

At least you added a smiley face because thats a joke of a statement.

qwytre wrote: »
    At least you added a smiley face because thats a joke of a statement.

You think? Explosives found on the side of the road outside Allenwood last night.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0502/breaking19.html

No joke. No smiley.

• Advertisement

You think? Explosives found on the side of the road outside Allenwood last night.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0502/breaking19.html

Have you something against Prosperous in particular?

Those explosives were found on the Allenwood to Carbury Road. You could name a number of surrounding villages and Prosperous is one of them i.e. 5 miles from Allenwood, 12 miles to Carbury.

Try Rathangan, Miltown, Roberstown, Allen, Carragh - all located within a few miles of that explosive find.

Advertisement