Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on Wednesday 20th April?

• 19-04-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi
    Coming into Waterford for the evening with hubbie (and no kids) on Wednesday and wondering what to do....thinking of having a curry and then what?

So whats happening / going on.
    Please note I don't fancy the Medium / clarvoiant at the Forum

Serious suggestions please.

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Les miserables is on in the theatre royal.

It's a Wednesday night so you won't find a lot going on...however, the weather is going to be cracking tomorrow so I recommend a trip to dunmore or woodstown...jack Meades on the way back in...

Or...have your curry...go for a nice walk along the quay...try a little pub crawl...

Have you any ideas in mind for
    Something you'd like to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Cannot recommend Lés Miserables in the Theatre Royal enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭timefora_J

Cafe Goa on the Quay for the curry, I can't get enough of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

cafe goa rocks alright. The Indian Tandori off parliament street is pretty good also. While you are there L'Atmosphere is well worth a trip for early bird, excellent bistro and doing lunch now. Lime leaf near that is also reasonable and lovely.

Trip to beach with weather like this is always nice.

Jack Meades Pub (was in sunday times travel section of best beer gardens, only one in the republic to feature) is cool also as you can show the kids the mini farm they have there, but someone needs to be designated dessie or deirdre as its a bit out.

If you go to Tramore, that playzone place is popular with younger kids, its basically a place where kids run around in a maze of tunnels, ladders, and stuff like that. Alternatively, walk the beach down to the sandhills and its a naturally ocurring playzone for kids.

Reginalds tower is worth a look for small bit of history, its only a few quid in for adults I think.

Further afield, comeragh mountains are pretty good, nice walk to waterfall and you can do magic road while you are there. Approx 50 min drive, look it up for directions before heading out cork road.

Advertisement