Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating to many egg whites??

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys, i have a question! i know people say eating too many eggs can be bad for you but does this still apply to eating just egg whites? As in if you make an egg white omelette with 3/4 egg whites a few times a week?? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

People used to think that dietary cholesterol and saturated fat were bad for your heart, but now there is evidence that they are not unhealthy, and a lot of nutrition experts say they are good for you. Eat full eggs every day if you want, they are very nutritious. The yolk is the best part, don't throw it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I eat at least 4 eggs a day, 6 out of 7 days and I'm doing fine.

Plus with only egg whites, there's the rare possibility of biotin deficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭skstretch

y dont u have 1 or 2 yokes and make the rest with just whites...
    white have very high sodium content if you check it out. its fine having yokes nd they say the fat in them isnt bad, but say u were to eat 10 that wud be way too much fat

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

skstretch wrote: »
    y dont u have 1 or 2 yokes and make the rest with just whites...
    white have very high sodium content if you check it out. its fine having yokes nd they say the fat in them isnt bad, but say u were to eat 10 that wud be way too much fat

I'm confused.

First you tell the OP to have 1 or 2 yokes and the rest in egg whites, then you tell the OP that the egg whites are very high in sodium content. Also, do you have any links/research to prove this?

And your last sentence is silly, to say the least. I doubt you know what you are talking about. So you're saying that if the fat in them isn't bad, there comes a point in which too many turns them bad? So, say for example, one hazelnut/avocado/piece of salmon is good, would that mean that 10 hazelnuts/avocados/pieces of salmon are bad? All those foods have fat in them also by the way. Or does this only apply to eggs for some reason? Can you please explain why the fat in 10 eggs would be way too much fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theresaloo

Thanks for all your replies, i was just asking because the plan im doing allows me 4 proteins a day (i wont go into it lol) 1 protein equals one full egg, egg white equals none, so i do usally make it with one full egg and two egg whites, (use the other 3 proteins for meat/fish) so i was just thinking if i had that 4/5 times a week would it be bad for me even though im not eating 3/4 full eggs does the egg white still count!! Im probably confusing everyone because im confusing myself lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

theresaloo wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies, i was just asking because the plan im doing allows me 4 proteins a day (i wont go into it lol) 1 protein equals one full egg, egg white equals none, so i do usally make it with one full egg and two egg whites,

Sorry, but it sounds like your plan is pretty cr*p. Maybe get a better plan?

Any plan that restricts the amount of protein you eat is pretty stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

theresaloo wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies, i was just asking because the plan im doing allows me 4 proteins a day (i wont go into it lol) 1 protein equals one full egg, egg white equals none, so i do usally make it with one full egg and two egg whites, (use the other 3 proteins for meat/fish) so i was just thinking if i had that 4/5 times a week would it be bad for me even though im not eating 3/4 full eggs does the egg white still count!! Im probably confusing everyone because im confusing myself lol!!

A full egg is about 7 grams of protein, while fish and meat per 100g would be 20+ grams. Its a bit strange counting them both as one protein

menoscemo wrote: »
    Sorry, but it sounds like your plan is pretty cr*p. Maybe get a better plan?

Any plan that restricts the amount of protein you eat is pretty stupid.

No its not crap it works for me, there is restricts on all diets, it sounds like 4 is very low but its not, somedays i even find it hard to eat them all, you weigh everything and allowed different amounts of different sources of protein, eg. 1 egg = 1 protein, 60g of smoked salmon = 1 protein, so not restricted to any sources of it, its manly for portion control eg. i cant eat ten steaks a day lol!!!!

Davei141 wrote: »
    A full egg is about 7 grams of protein, while fish and meat per 100g would be 20+ grams. Its a bit strange counting them both as one protein

Yeah i know, so i have to weigh every thing if you read my last post i gave an example, its all a bit strange if you like but it works for me!! Thanks for that info though, you might regret that i'ii be back asking you loads more stuff now lol!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

rocky wrote: »
    I eat at least 4 eggs a day, 6 out of 7 days and I'm doing fine.

Plus with only egg whites, there's the rare possibility of biotin deficiency

That only occurs with raw egg consumption. The OP is cooking them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭skstretch

I'm confused.

First you tell the OP to have 1 or 2 yokes and the rest in egg whites, then you tell the OP that the egg whites are very high in sodium content. Also, do you have any links/research to prove this?

And your last sentence is silly, to say the least. I doubt you know what you are talking about. So you're saying that if the fat in them isn't bad, there comes a point in which too many turns them bad? So, say for example, one hazelnut/avocado/piece of salmon is good, would that mean that 10 hazelnuts/avocados/pieces of salmon are bad? All those foods have fat in them also by the way. Or does this only apply to eggs for some reason? Can you please explain why the fat in 10 eggs would be way too much fat?
    user_offline.gifreport.gif I'm confused.

user_offline.gifreport.gif
    I'm confused.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6020909_egg-white-pros-cons.html
    theres ur answer for sodium

well 10 whole eggs is gona be about 50g of fat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

http://www.ehow.com/list_6020909_egg-white-pros-cons.html
    theres ur answer for sodium

Fat/Saturated fat is fine:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250463

In fact it's very healthy. Google the benefits of fat in your diet if you want. It's the media/advertising/food companies that have brainwashed the general public into thinking that fat is unhealthy.

Advertisement