Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce or B&L

Options
  • 19-04-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Which degree is better in yer opinion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

What outcomes do you want? Job wise etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

The way the country is going I'd take any business related job. What degree would have a better reputation amongst employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

I think it's better to have actual knowledge in both Law and Business areas, just because that might open some more doors. A business degree alone might lead you to limitative job options. Although I agree that taking business alone is always better than taking law alone because it's not as limitative as law is.

But I believe that companies will look for someone who has knowledge in both domains. That's definitely a plus, because there are tons of people with business degrees. You might need to step-up your game if you want to get more job options.

That's my opinion though. I'm not saying that a business degree alone is bad, I'm just saying the more knowledge you have, the better it is. Having knowledge in both Law and Business will show companies that you can be polyvalent, and that's what they're usually looking for. Someone polyvalent and capable of working in different fields without being totally lost or incompetent. You'll need some law knowledge anyways, at some point.

Nonetheless, I have to warn you that if you choose B&L, the Law part will drain you a bit, because it's a lot (and I mean a lot) of reading which might not be about the most interesting things.

It all depends not on the economy of the State, but on what companies at any time, would prefer. And of course, your own interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Did Commerce. Should ahve done BnL.

BnL for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Did Commerce. Should ahve done BnL.

BnL for sure.

this man is a spoofer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I'd be of the opinion that commerce is mainly aimed at the accountancy route. I know a lot do not pursue this route to. But majority do. I would be of the opinion from mates graduated from both and now working that B&L gives more flexibility whilst still retaining the ability to get into accounting if you so choose! All about the modules you choose and how you spin them in an interview ultimately.

Advertisement