Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 lads heading to Waterford City

• 19-04-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

your ultimate night out for 6 lads from Drogheda who love their live music and pints please. Will be in Waterford on the weekend of 6th/7th May, so any bands in pubs that you know are good and/or a nightclub that you would recommend would be great. Most of them are smokers too so decent smoking areas would be a plus...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jaysus 6 lads with a username like that? :P

Recommend Harveys for a good smoking area, avoid Mason's like a plague when it comes to smoking areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

that b cos my boyfriend and 5 of his mates are going on the rip in Waterford :D

we had a look at the website for the Forum Venue who are showing Australian Pearl Jam. Are they any good and is the Boho club that you can get into afterwards decent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ah the Pearl Jam lads were brilliant the last time I saw em, you basically hang around the same area. One fee gets you in for the night as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hey OP, i agree on Harveys having a good smoking area but the group of six will have to pay a €2 door charge for Harveys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If they like live music, would I be right to assume that they aren't fans of chart stuff? If so, best avoid Harvey's. The Forum would be a good shout. The bands are usually pretty decent. The nightclub plays good music. It has a smoking area which is not too glamorous but is big enough and easily accessed from the nightclub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

also the front loungue has some decent bands on their. and its a late bar :D

thanks for all your comments guys. the pearl jam band sounds like a winner so! I think the boys dont mind charty stuff but wud probably prefer the indie sort of music. i think if the craic is good they wont mind where they are :)

what are friday nights like...is it worth going into town or should they just hole up in the rezzy bar in the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

Yes, we have a double bill of great live music at The Forum Lounge on Sat 7 May. The Australian Pearl Jam are on from 9pm to 11pm. The first hour they play the full "Ten" album to celebrate it's 20th anniversary, followed by an hour of PJ greatest hits. Then a really good local Oasis tribute (Mad Ferret) play from 12am to 1.30am followed by Boho rock DJ. All for €10 and a nice smoking area too !

cheers sounds good! thanks for the details...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

oh also forgot to say their is nites on in the basement bar of revolution dont know what will be on the nite your around but its another option. i always have a good nite in their :D
    they get in big dj's to include fish go deep, dave clarke, green velvet etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If it was me, I'd go out on the town Friday night. It'll be a lot quieter and you'd get to sample a few different pubs in comfort.

Where are they staying? We could do up a little pub crawl.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    If it was me, I'd go out on the town Friday night. It'll be a lot quieter and you'd get to sample a few different pubs in comfort.

Where are they staying? We could do up a little pub crawl.

they're staying in the travelodge on the cork road. they're pretty hardcore drinkers so they probably would enjoy a pub crawl...please send on your suggestions I'm sure they'd love it!

thanks for all your help. these boys dont get away together very often so i'd love for it to be brilliant for them. i shall be partying myself in Wicklow town that night...cant wait. tis nice to go home sometimes :)

dax121 wrote: »
    oh also forgot to say their is nites on in the basement bar of revolution dont know what will be on the nite your around but its another option. i always have a good nite in their :D
    they get in big dj's to include fish go deep, dave clarke, green velvet etc

thanks for that. will let them know what you said....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hope they enjoy Waterford OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

your ultimate night out for 6 lads from Drogheda who love their live music and pints please. Will be in Waterford on the weekend of 6th/7th May, so any bands in pubs that you know are good and/or a nightclub that you would recommend would be great. Most of them are smokers too so decent smoking areas would be a plus...

Cheers
    TBH lads I'd give our city a miss as it's crap for night life and most of the pubs are not great, I'd go to Kilkenny it's a much better place to go out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

obvious troll is obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

they're staying in the travelodge on the cork road. they're pretty hardcore drinkers so they probably would enjoy a pub crawl...please send on your suggestions I'm sure they'd love it!

thanks for all your help. these boys dont get away together very often so i'd love for it to be brilliant for them. i shall be partying myself in Wicklow town that night...cant wait. tis nice to go home sometimes :)

As far as I remember travelodges have no bar but I could be mistaken? Its a 10 minute walk to town so i'd say a pub crawl is your only option. enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

KingLoser wrote: »
    obvious troll is obvious.
    And what does that mean exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

200motels wrote: »
    And what does that mean exactly?

its an old hebrew expession first documented over 500 years ago in its original tongue it translated from "obvivas toiol as tu obvivas"
    but put in laymans english it just means, "your a tit"

the OP asked for suggestions in waterford not suggestions of other citys/towns to go too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Jesus lads, what is it this last few days?

Give it a rest lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

Is giving your opinion against the rules now?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pac413 wrote: »
    Is giving your opinion against the rules now?

Are you trying to be funny or sarcastic? I can't tell. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

This guy's a moderator? Seriously?

thanks for all your comments and suggestions, some helpful some not so...

all i can say is the boys are really looking forward to the weekend and its not where you are but who you're with. if you cant enjoy a night out in your own town then thats a bit sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

They will have a good laugh purty girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Yes, we have a double bill of great live music at The Forum Lounge on Sat 7 May. The Australian Pearl Jam are on from 9pm to 11pm. The first hour they play the full "Ten" album to celebrate it's 20th anniversary, followed by an hour of PJ greatest hits. Then a really good local Oasis tribute (Mad Ferret) play from 12am to 1.30am followed by Boho rock DJ. All for €10 and a nice smoking area too !

heres the facebook page of the oasis tribute band u were referring to ,

check out their soundcloud on the left hand side of the page , they sound excellent imo

https://www.facebook.com/madferrittmusic

Advertisement