Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventurous Student Bass Clarinet Player Dublin?

Options
  • 19-04-2011 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Hello!
    I know this is a long shot...but I'm looking for a Bass Clarinettist(Student preferably)
    who is based in Dublin to work with over the summer in order to realise a piece that I'm planning to write.
    The work will be for Bass Clarinet, Live Electronics, Pre-recorded samples and Audio("Tape")
    playback including recorded spoken poetry.
    The piece is intended to be of a modern enough style so the clarinettist would ideally
    be familiar with non-standard notation and/or different extended techniques,
    also a willingness to record the poetry would be a bonus.
    As I said a close working and collaborative relationship would be desired.
    One which we would both learn a lot from.
    Ideally a student would be the best candidate(willingness to try new things and develop technique)
    and as I am a student(soon to be graduate) myself it would help me learn a lot more about the Bass Clarinet.

Yep, it's a pretty long shot, so if anyone out there would like to help me realise this project
    or if you know of anyone that would be suitable
    please PM me and I can show you some examples of my work and we can take it from there.

Looking forward to your messages,
    Ben

Advertisement