Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

350South Alaska to Argentina Pan-American Bicycle Challenge

Options
  • 20-04-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all,

My name is Ian Lacey and I'm from Gorey, Co. Wexford. I'm just writing to let you know of a bicycle odyssey myself and a friend are undertaking this year and see if we can get some support.

On July 15th, myself and an American friend will begin a 17,000 mile bicycle journey from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina along the historic PanAmerican Highway. This will take us from the northernmost town accessible by road in the Americas to the southernmost city in the world and we will complete the challenge in 350 days - the odyssey known as 350South. We are also linking up with the Irish diaspora en route - everywhere from the USA and Canada to Mexico, Guatemala, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and aiming to have them cycle parts of the journey with us while we document their stories of emigration. 350South is planned as a national TV documentary also which focuses on the human powered adventure story and the elements of emigrated Irish to unusual places. We are also looking to raise €100,000 for the Carer's Association of Ireland with whom I've a very personal connection as a part time carer for my grandmother for many years until she passed away in 2008.

You can follow our trip on our website at www.350South.org and we are also on Facebook.com/350south and Twitter.com/350South.

If anyone reading knows anybody on our route that may like to meet us and be a part of this adventure, please let us know. You can contact us at 350@350south.org and it would be great to have other Irish people to meet along the road south and if interested, tell their stories.

Alternatively, it would be fantastic if people could help spread the word of 350South. We are trying to build a national following around the voyage and also reach our fundraising target of €100,000. If you feel compelled to donate for this very worthy cause, you can also do that through our MyCharity.ie page at www.mycharity.ie/event/350south or on the site. Every cent helps us reach our very lofty target!

Thanks for reading!
    Ian.

Comments

Advertisement