Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A series of irritatingly unfortunate events

Options
  • 20-04-2011 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

I'm not certain if this is the right forum for this. I looked all over the place and this seemed like an ideal spot because it isn't After Hours. So mods, please move if needed.

I've been struck with a series of unfortunate events that I won't go into too much detail over but for the first time in my life, these cock ups were out of my control. It reminded me of a mate having the worst day of his life a few months back. It was around the time of December and December 2010 was sort of a cosmic downer for everyone. Due to the alignment of the stars and some planets relationship to others (you can see how much I know about this stuff), bad things were set to happen to the world at large.

However, it's now April and it seemed like my run of bad luck was overdue. I moved to a different country and it hasn't exactly been an easy start. In fact, it's been one shower of **** after the next.

Now normally, I don't look at stars and think "bollix, I'd better watch my back next week. According to Neptune, a fridge will land on me from a tree". But I'm starting to run out of ideas as to what is causing this. I've been lucky with some of the people I've met here so far but I've also been cursed with others. And it seems that when I put distance between myself and them (or completely cut contact) some new bollix appears on the horizon :mad:

So as I know nothing about the paranormal or things that might appear in the sky, I was wondering if there was any cause of this? Can you be haunted by the wrong people? Or is there a way you can change your luck?

Hope this makes sense :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Welcome to the real world buddy.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Wagon wrote: »
    I'm not certain if this is the right forum for this. I looked all over the place and this seemed like an ideal spot because it isn't After Hours. So mods, please move if needed.

I've been struck with a series of unfortunate events that I won't go into too much detail over but for the first time in my life, these cock ups were out of my control. It reminded me of a mate having the worst day of his life a few months back. It was around the time of December and December 2010 was sort of a cosmic downer for everyone. Due to the alignment of the stars and some planets relationship to others (you can see how much I know about this stuff), bad things were set to happen to the world at large.

However, it's now April and it seemed like my run of bad luck was overdue. I moved to a different country and it hasn't exactly been an easy start. In fact, it's been one shower of **** after the next.

Now normally, I don't look at stars and think "bollix, I'd better watch my back next week. According to Neptune, a fridge will land on me from a tree". But I'm starting to run out of ideas as to what is causing this. I've been lucky with some of the people I've met here so far but I've also been cursed with others. And it seems that when I put distance between myself and them (or completely cut contact) some new bollix appears on the horizon :mad:

So as I know nothing about the paranormal or things that might appear in the sky, I was wondering if there was any cause of this? Can you be haunted by the wrong people? Or is there a way you can change your luck?

It could be........you! maybe you expect too much,are high maintenance or just very fussy or hard to please.....rather than looking at outer space you should start with inner space.:)

it could also be karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps think of the 20000 people who died in last months Tsunami and those who can never return to their homes due to high levels or radiation and then ask is the universe and the alignment of planets conspiring to make your life difficult.
    I've been lucky with some of the people I've met here so far but I've also been cursed with others.

I think you are blaming the universe for your problems as a way of not having to cope with failure,challenges or difficulties. You think its easy for anyone who emigrates? I had a friend come home after two weeks from Australia. Ive been made redundant twice in the past year due to the economic downturn.

As long as you think the universe is out to get you, you will always focus on the negative. Unless your cat died, then your vet killed himself and lost the cat while your house burned down and a plane crashed into your granny on her 99th birthday only two days from retirement I am afraid your just living in the real world like the rest of us. The universe and the alignment of planets have absolutely nothing to do with it. Its just your coping mechanise. Mine is fags and xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

i've never heard so much bullshiit in all my life,as for karma load of bollix.

op get a life.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its very easy, and handy, to blame something otherworldly when things go wrong. Before we all got agnostic, God was blamed, its easier to point to the sky or to a curse than to just accept that sometimes life sucks.

This year alone I have had every major electrical appliance in my house break down and need replacing. But rather than blame it on karma, its just because I have quite a few 6-10 year old appliances which all decided to fail at the same time. I could get morose and decide its bad luck, but its not.

I think it was a Richard Wiseman book where he mentions a study on luck, and it was found that the difference between lucky and unlucky people was their outlook. 'Lucky' people saw opportunities that 'unlucky' people missed, simply because of their attitude.

You will be told, if you look hard enough, that you can be cursed, or be around 'psychic vampires', but to be honest, I dont have any time for those theories. Youre only cursed if you believe you are, and nasty people are nothing more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you think you're going to have 'bad luck' for whatever reason, whether it be karma, the planets or because you can't find your lucky rocket-ship underpants, then you will have 'bad luck', just like when you're in a bad mood and everything seems to conspire to make your mood worse.

Suck it up, accept that starting over in a new country isn't going to be a walk in the park, and get on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Just like the majority of people have said so far for me this is life. You just have to deal with it. Nothing is going to be fantastic ALL of the time. I don't see how this is paranormal at all.....just in your head OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement