Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs officer

• 20-04-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey
    I was just wondering does anyone have any information about getting a career in customs or know of any courses that can quailfy you to seek employment in the sector. I know it's probaly not the right time to be seeking work or enquiring about work in any public service atm but you never know someday they might decide to recruit again.
    Another question do we have an immigration border control in this country?? a career in that sort of line of work would appeal to me also. (again probaly not the best time looking for public sector work)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

I have a friend in the revenue commissioners who applied to join them in the past.

Not sure of the details but maybe you need to go through them for the position - give their HR dept a call as they should have more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

My sis-in-law was a customs officer for a couple of years. She got there by applying to Revenue as a clerical officer. Then she transferred - I suppose she applied.
    She liked the job - it sounded quite exciting and all, but she transferred out because the hours were weird. Dipping diesel tanks in the middle of the night and so on.

Advertisement