Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Music...

• 20-04-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

...It's acceptable to do so with Eircom as my ISP right? Can I use Grooveshark without getting the "three strike"=disconnect treatment, provided I don't download I'm good to go yes?

Thanks, goodnight ;)

Comments

Yep. eircom's three strikes policy only applies to bittorrent and peer-to-peer downloads. Streaming is perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Messerschmitt

Thanks for the replies.

Even if Grooveshark is p2p, I figure downloading is the problem, not streaming. I don't stream that much music, but I'm sick of paying for CD's and finding out I don't like them. It's fair enough I think, to be able to preview an album before shelling out for the CD.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you have Eircom Broadband, would you not try Eircom Music Hub? It doesn't seem too bad.

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem with musichub is that my primary browser, Opera browser, is not fully supported I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem with musichub is that my primary browser, Opera browser, is not fully supported I think.

Surely its not that difficult to use another one?

No, but why would I if I can use Grooveshark? That is why I asked the original question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Have a look at www.we7.com. Free, legal streaming with advertisements interspersed or unlimited ad-free streaming for €9.99 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

thought groove shark was prety legit, i just hate the way its flash heavy and clunky, but i havnt tried it in a while its prob diff now

but grooveshark would be fine im sure

Kensington, thanks. I just had a quick look there. Looks pretty neat and it seems to have a good selection. I'll add that one to the list, thanks for that.

-=al=-, I think the interface is flash free at them moment. It was re-written in HTML5 if I remember correctly. There is still flash involved in the actual streaming I think though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

MusicHub should work fine with Opera. Only compatability issue is for IE6.

Advertisement