Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found on Sandymount strand

Options
  • 20-04-2011 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

i was in the pub earlier tonight and heard that there was a body found on the strand near the nature reserve. there was alot of speculation flying around tbh so not goina mention it all here.
    anyone have any more details on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I was on the DART on Friday going past the nature reserve and said to my mate "That would be a geat place to hide a dead body". I hope nobody heard me :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

No mention of it on RTE that I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

wel accounts state that it was found around the nature reserve area, came in on the full moon tide. Nothing anywhere about it, except here in sandymount there is mad stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

If thats true its the not the first time.
    http://www.emigrant.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14403&Itemid=46
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/mother-of-dead-baby-in-shed-an-eastern-european-97797.html

Monday, 15 July 2002
    At around 4:00pm yesterday the body of a new-born baby was found in a holdall near Sandymount beach in Dublin. The cause of death has yet to be established but there is no sign of violence.

God only knows what way these women had been treated previous to taking such extremes.

caseyann wrote: »
    If thats true its the not the first time.
    http://www.emigrant.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14403&Itemid=46
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/mother-of-dead-baby-in-shed-an-eastern-european-97797.html

Monday, 15 July 2002
    At around 4:00pm yesterday the body of a new-born baby was found in a holdall near Sandymount beach in Dublin. The cause of death has yet to be established but there is no sign of violence.

God only knows what way these women had been treated previous to taking such extremes.

yeah they were the only stories that popped up when i googled it, sad stuff really.
    some recent stories would suggest that there was the coastguard helicopter hoovering over a small craft taking something out of the water, also that it is related to body parts washing up on Dollymount Strand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Happily I believe it was just a mannequin in this case

I go to college in Roslyn Park, right on the seafront, and on April 19th there was a huge amount of helicopter activity, so low that we thought it was coming down on the college roof, gardaí down on the strand outside the gates, the red sea rescue helicopter kept coming over the college from around 10:45am to about 11:15am. A friend was trying to do a presentation and the chopper was so low over the roof we couldn't hear him, the rest of my mates were down on the strand heckling with the gardaí. Rumours started flying in the college that day that a headless, limbless torso was found on the strand. No official news so I imagine it's just rumours.

I've heard many speculations and one of them was a college mate who said there had been a suicide in Dun Laoghaire days before, I know in cases like that the family are notified and the media tend not to report on it. So it is either rumours, mannequins, or nothing at all.

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Happily I believe it was just a mannequin in this case

where'd ya hear that?

Advertisement