Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin!

• 20-04-2011 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I know this is a forum for travel for Dubliners, who, supposedly know Dublin City in and out. I've been in Dublin for 2.5 months but i still haven't seen a lot, just some landmarks (dublin castle, dublinia (the exhibit), christchurch (went in), saw a few churches, Phoenix Park, went to Howth, Natural History Museum, Museum of Modern Art, city centre).

I have some friends comming in from the states who rely on me to "show them around" for a weekend, but i'm afraid of not terrified them to death!

So,
    I need suggestions for fun things to do in Dublin during a weekend (and for my own reference, any other period of time).
    Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

Tour of croke park to experience Irish gealic sport. Guniness storehouse to taste the Guniness and how it made. If you want to make your self simple. Just put them on the open top bus and the open top will do the rest (ie guided tour around the city, your friend can hop off if there something interesting for them and hop on the bus to continue the journey).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

+1 on the Open Top bus tour. I've done it several times and those I've brought with me have loved it.

Guinness storehouse is pretty interesting and the views from the top are pretty good, once you look beyond the immediate vicinity!

Trinity College/Book of Kells is another must-do.

Phoenix Park - Hire bikes and have a cycle around. If it's a nice day, it's a great place to be.

Being mercans they'll probably want to go to a "real Irish pub". If so, O'Donoghue's on Merrion Row, Toner's or Doheny & Nesbitt's on Baggot street will do the trick. You can take a look at Stephen's Green en route.

You can take a tour of Government Buildings on a Saturday morning too. It's free and you get the tickets for it from the National Gallery. It's a bit of a novelty as it's not very well publicised, but you get to take in part of the Attorney General's Office and then see the Cabinet suite (where they meet) before going on to the Taoiseach's Office (although you may not see his actual office).

If you have a car, head up into the mountains. Sally Gap and onwards to Glendalough is a spectacular drive and a fantastic way to spend a day.

Advertisement