Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Plait's Bad Universe (Tv Documentary) comes to a close

Options
  • 20-04-2011 4:54am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With its 3rd and final episode airing in the US on April 19th:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/04/18/bad-universe-episode-3-airs-tuesday-april-19/
    Well, it’s been a while coming, but I’m pleased to let y’all know that the third and final episode of "Bad Universe" will air on The Discovery Channel tomorrow, April 19, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern (US) time — but of course, check your local listings.

The episode is entitled "Death Stars", and is about the effects of solar flares and nearby supernovae. Like the other two, this was a lot of fun to put together, though the trip to Sandia Lab still haunts me a bit… but I won’t give that away. You’ll just have to see. I actually haven’t seen the final cut since we put it together late last year, so to be honest when I watch it tomorrow it’ll be a bit like seeing it again for the first time.
    Speaking of which, my daughter will be in school when it airs, so I won’t watch it until we can see it as a family. That means I won’t be live-tweeting or anything like that.
    And to answer the inevitable question: I don’t know if the network is picking it up as a series or not. I expect the ratings of the airing tomorrow may play into that, so tell a friend! Or tell a few dozen.
    I hope you like it, and have at least as much fun watching it as I did making it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

When will Ireland get this?

Advertisement