Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect POTS with mobi via Bluetooth or anything else?

Options
  • 20-04-2011 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I need to leave my sim in the Nokia N96 for a text forwarding job. I would like to use the same sim for dialling out with the landline phones. Is there some Bluetooth or other interface I can get.

I have to leave the SIM in the N96 to use the text forwarding software.

Basically I'm trying to use the same sim for two functions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Can you clarify your post?
    you use you N96 to send out texts using an app on th phone.
    You also want to call land line numbers with the phone?

Or are you trying to use the phone as a modem with a pc Application and you need to make calls too?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

I need to be able to pick up the ordinary phone in the house and send / receive calls through the mobile phone.

I need to have the mobile phone in situ for receiving and forwarding texts.

If I didn't want the text functionality I would use something like this

It's something like this I need but it's not available in Europe without a CE mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

So a bluetooth headset functionality, but with a keypad really? So you can leave the N95 in one place and dial from it?

You can dial a number wirelessly using some Sat-Nav's which act as a hands free device, so surely something similar exists for in home use. I'll have a look when I'm on a computer later on!

Advertisement