Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Chocolate

Options
  • 20-04-2011 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sister bought a chocolate fountain for my niece and it uses liquid chocolate, but now she cant find anywhere that sells it. You cant just use melted chocolate as it goes hard after it cools down and a Google search is comming up blank for me!

Any ideas :)

Cheers Wac

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As far as I know you have to add vegetable oil to the melted chocolate to keep it liquid. If you google 'chocolate fountain instructions' you'll find lots of useful information on the ratios.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yep as above you have to add horrific amounts of vegtable oil to get the chocolate to flow through your fountain - yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Its only a small kids toy and only out as a treat, so it wont kill her :D
    got the info so if anyone is looking:

8oz choc - 2oz oil
    16oz choc - 4oz
    32oz choc - 8 oz
    etc...etc

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

In Thorntons you can buy a bag of chocolate that you melt in the microwave especially for the chocolate fountain. It costs about 10euro and its decent chocolate.

I have used it only once or twice and its really easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

maryk123 wrote: »
    In Thorntons you can buy a bag of chocolate that you melt in the microwave especially for the chocolate fountain. It costs about 10euro and its decent chocolate.

I have used it only once or twice and its really easy to use.
    I imagien its just chocolate with a higher fat/oil content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

its just easier there is no adding oil etc. just pop in microwave and chocolate melts and put on the fountain - simple

Advertisement