Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA refund letter

Options
  • 20-04-2011 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi.. got a letter from mbna today saying that they overcharged me and are now refunding me the amount plus interest. Havent had an account with them in a few years, anyone else get anything like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

yep.

They noticed they had miscalculated interest a while back so now have to refund it - with interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

yep.

They noticed they had miscalculated interest a while back so now have to refund it - with interest

Have they done this again? Remember (must've been a year or more ago) them doing that. I got a letter from them months ago tho. Can't believe their progress would be so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I got 520 euro today!!:) I can hardly believe it. Actually when I looked at the letter first I thought it was interest they were refunding but on looking again it says Irish Govt Stamp Duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Kalimah wrote: »
    I got 520 euro today!!:) I can hardly believe it. Actually when I looked at the letter first I thought it was interest they were refunding but on looking again it says Irish Govt Stamp Duty

520 euros worth of Govt Stamp Duty? WTF?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

It's a mystery to me too. I had the card for 6 or 7 years and only had a 1300 limit on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement