Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Black Magic Easter Egg Required Urgently

Options
  • 20-04-2011 9:19am
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

Well at this thread title suggests I'm desperate to find a Black Magic Easter Egg. It's for my mammy. She's 80 this year and for some stupid reason I forgot to aort out her annual BM egg.

Can someone point me in the direction of a retail outlet in Dublin's city centre that might have any left...???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I haven't seen them now that you mention it.
    I assume another dark chocolate egg won't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Maybe try Tesco online, that way you can try a few different stores I think?

Edit: I know it's not the same but if you can't source one maybe make up a little basket of a luxury egg, box of black magic and a few other things she likes..

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Thanks folks. there are other dark chocolate options such as After Eight or Bourneville...:)

I'm in the same situation again this year. Any sightings..? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Did you get one last year?

• Advertisement

Did you get one last year?

Not in the end. I had to plump for a Dark Chocolate egg from Lily O'Briens...

I'll keep an eye out on my travels for you, haven't noticed one so far this year

star-pants wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out on my travels for you, haven't noticed one so far this year

Thank you, again...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

was on the tesco website there and had a look throught their easter range - 141 varieties (who knew?) but no black magic - guess you can cross them off your list.

was on the tesco website there and had a look throught their easter range - 141 varieties (who knew?) but no black magic - guess you can cross them off your list.

Aww thank you very much for oging to that bother...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Aww thank you very much for oging to that bother...:)

welcome - was doing a bit of shopping anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Think I've seen Black Magic Easter Eggs in Dunnes Stores in Mullingar.

I won't be in there until next week but I can definitely have a look for you the next time I'm there.

Think I've seen Black Magic Easter Eggs in Dunnes Stores in Mullingar.

ooh, I should be in a Dunnes tomorrow, so I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Thank you guys Mullingar is too far for me :( But I will Check out the Dunnes supermarkets in the city centre tomorrow...:)

I tried two different Dunnes (TheSquare & Kilnamanagh) and neither had Black Magic Eggs, just large boxes of chocolates. The Tesco in TheSquare also didn't have the eggs, just the boxes of chocolates :(

I tried two different Dunnes (TheSquare & Kilnamanagh) and neither had Black Magic Eggs, just large boxes of chocolates. The Tesco in TheSquare also didn't have the eggs, just the boxes of chocolates :(

Thank you very much for looking out for me:)

I think I'll have to resign myself to not getting it :( I'll head in to the Stephen's Green Centre tomorrow and give it a lash...

It seems they do still make it, according to their site -- http://discoverblackmagic.co.uk/secrets/blackmagic.aspx

it says Tesco, Sainsbury & Morrisons from February, so perhaps keep an eye in any Tesco stores also?

It seems they do still make it, according to their site -- http://discoverblackmagic.co.uk/secrets/blackmagic.aspx

it says Tesco, Sainsbury & Morrisons from February, so perhaps keep an eye in any Tesco stores also?

Thank you, again.

I never had a problem in Tesco until last year. You ask the local manager if they're getting them in and all you get is a blank stare...:(

A scan of the shops on Grafton street and the SG Centre might get a result...:)

No joy I'm afraid. I did Grafton Street and the SG centre. Not a Black Magic egg to be seen.

Plan B is a Throntons Dark chocolate egg...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

can they not be bought online?

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    can they not be bought online?

I tried looking but couldn't see anywhere (least that delivered to Ireland) that did them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I had a look too and found nothing.

Thanks guys...:)

Advertisement