Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Arsenal

Options
  • 20-04-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Shocked there is no thread set up yet. Massive fcuking game, cant wait for it. 3pts would be huge going in to such a tough run of games, and if Im honest, if we drop points tonight, it's going to need a miracle to get 4th.

My team would be as below, Harry wont agree no doubt.

Gomes,Kaboul,Daws,Goon,BAE,Bale,Tom, Luka,Lennon,Pav,JD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Huge, huge, huge game tonight and really looking forward to it. We haven't played in a week so hopefully we're raring to go. Lets get over the dissappointment of last week with a great win tonight. I love Tom so much, but also find it hard to leave Sandro out, who I think has been superb for us recently and is going to be a great player for us in the future I reckon. Would love to be at the Lane tonight, say the place will be rocking as usual.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Can't wait for it!

I am a bit worried that Sandro is not in the team for this evening. He may come on at half time.

Has the squad been named yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

*nods in agreement*

It's a pity we cant find room for both Sandro and Hudds but what can you do - it wouldn't be right to drop Modric (although a little rest for the wee fella is long over due).

Personally I'd prefer to see Crouch and Pav up front. I've lost all faith in Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Arsenals result against liverpoll will feel like a lose to them, I think they're on the ropes, hopefully we can delivery the knock out blow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Ahem, No.

• Advertisement

*nods in agreement*

It's a pity we cant find room for both Sandro and Hudds but what can you do - it wouldn't be right to drop Modric (although a little rest for the wee fella is long over due).

Personally I'd prefer to see Crouch and Pav up front. I've lost all faith in Defoe.

Tottaly agree. That man is key to us, but he probably could do with a rest, but defo can't bench him. Not sure who I'd like to see up front to be honest. I wonder will he start VDV? I hope not after his recent preformances (and attitude). Need a good game from all the lads tonight and if we get that I'd be very confident in getting the 3 points. Hopefully Gomes can make up for his recent mistake and keep the gooners at bay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's going to be tough tonight. The result against Liverpool could push them either way, but i'd expect them to be pretty strong. We need a rock solid performance from the defense tonight, and we can afford no errors (Gomes!!). Their defense isnt the best, so hopefully with Bale/Lennon down the wings, we can do some damage.

It's a 'must win' at this stage though.
    newbie2 wrote: »
    Ahem, No.
    Get outta here you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Yup big big game tonight. Its the first game v Arse in a long time that I feel genuinely confident we will win. If you look at both teams player v player I think we come out on top. Also our home form is right up there with the best in the premiership. We have had a week off whereas they played on Sunday.

Who will Harry start with?

Gomes
    Charlie-Daws-Gallas-Bae
    Lennon-Sandro-Modric-Bale
    Crouch - VDV.

Defoe has scored a few against them over the past few seasons so Harry may surprise us by starting with him. I would love to see him play Hudd but I think Sandro will sit at CM and break up their little passes in midfield.

Should be a cracking game .

COYS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,916 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Usually I’d be apprehensive when it comes to playing Arsenal but I have a positive feeling about tonight’s outcome. Crouch and Defoe up front please, and Sandro ahead of Tom who I don’t believe is fully fit yet. I’m predicting a high scoring game, once we don’t get anyone sent off and Gomes doesn’t make any clangers we’ll be okay. White Hart Lane will be rocking tonight.

Slightly surprised to see that Paddypower have arsenal as favourites for this.

Tottenham 17/10
    Draw 23/10
    Arsenal 8/5

As we know the bookies on normally spot on the money, but lets hope they are proven wrong tonight.

The more I think about it the more I think Sandro should start ahead of Tom. But I hate saying that becuase I think what Tom adds to the team is brilliant. But Sandro is much better at breaking up the play, and think we'll need a bit of that with Jack, Fabs and the like in the middle for them.

Little and Big upfront for me tonight please. Never been too found of the Russian to be honest, but we all know he can score. I find him to be very greedy and lazy. At least we know the other two will work their socks off for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

For some reason I think a draw is the most likely result tonight, if we had anyone capable of scoring at the moment I'd go for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

A draw is fine tonight as it doesn't change the dynamic one iota. With our goal difference we will need to beat City even with a win tonight. A draw just means we have to beat to go 1 point ahead rather than 3.

For that reason its not a must win but its certainly a "must not lose".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Kold wrote: »
    For some reason I think a draw is the most likely result tonight, if we had anyone capable of scoring at the moment I'd go for the win.

Have to agree with this. If VDV starts, he'll most likely be dropping back into midfield again, leaving whoever else starts up front on their own - again. I'm with everybody else in that I'd like to see Crouch and Defoe up front with VDV coming on later if required. Watching the Arsenal v Liverpool game at the weekend made me realise that if we can keep the defence tight, Arsenal will do what they've done for ages and try to pass the ball into the net. I'd be very frustrated if I was an Arsenal fan watching this - someone should just bloody shoot! It should benefit us, though only if everyone is fully switched on.

No cock-up's allowed though. This is where the team needs to gel and win or else our season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

danny-rose-spurs-v-arsenal-o.gif

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Draw @ Draw 23/10 seems very tempting indeed for me....
    don't see any other result to be honest... And that's where my 50Euro bet will go this evening!

We need a minimum of 9/10 points from the games v Chelsea, Arsenal, man Citeh & Liverpool to have a decent shout of making 4th place, it's certainly do-able but our strikers need to find a rich vain of form and to be honest I doubt if they will!
    Harry erred mightily when he didn't land a world class striker in either of the last 2 transfer windows and i fear it may sots us...

Anyway, COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Think we should go with 5 in midfield tonight including sandro as the scum like to try and pass right through you ... so stick sandro in there to get in their faces.

Gomes

Corluka Gallas Dawson Benny

Lennon Modric Sandro Hudd (Vdv) Bale

Crouch

Bring on Kaboul with 5 minutes to go to score the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

strange that most people dont want to see vdv start 2nite. im of the same opinion but i think harry wont drop him and we will get beaten or draw

if we play 4-4-2 with pav and defoe i think we would win 2-0

larry1 wrote: »
    danny-rose-spurs-v-arsenal-o.gif

COYS

LOVE IT.

That man became a spurs hero after 10 minutes into his debut senior appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

VDV should be dropped on recent form and walking down the tunnel when subbed really shows his poor attitude, when things aren't going for him. Sandro has been immense and should start in front of Tom, he's lacking match practice.

Heard that Wenger might rest Whilshire and play Diaby. Think that is a big plus. Diaby is poor enough and fancy Sandro to stop him playing. Agree with Luka needing a rest, but not tonight, he is so important to making us tick.

Song and Sagna may come back into the side as well. Eboue would have been a weak link against Bale so hoping Sagna doesn't start.

Thinking it might end up a score draw. Hoping for a good high scoring win tho.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm thinking 2-1 win tonight. We need at the very very least one point from this. Gotta keep one win behind city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

score draw for me!

Harry makes one change tonight - Crouchy back and Rafa to the right, Aaron Lennon on the bench. Team soon...

From Spursoffical on twitter.

Which means, if I'm not mistaken.
    Gomes
    Corluka Dawson Gallas BAE
    VDV Tom Luka Bale
    Crouch Pav

Edit: Above is the team, and subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Kaboul, Lennon, Pienaar, Sandro, Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wtf, is Lennon still ill or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No Lennon, fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Think we should go with 5 in midfield tonight including sandro as the scum like to try and pass right through you ... so stick sandro in there to get in their faces.

Gomes

Corluka Gallas Dawson Benny

Lennon Modric Sandro Hudd (Vdv) Bale

Crouch

Bring on Kaboul with 5 minutes to go to score the winner

Classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

in all fairness harry...no lennon:eek:

score draw for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mmmmmmm.......

any good links for this match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

VDV cracking finish.

DELISH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

o **** off nasri...

Advertisement