Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Saturday Night In Letterkenny

Options
  • 20-04-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

What happened around 11pm? I was coming out of the Court Hotel and going back to my car when a a Garda van siren'd it's way down towards the square along with 2 garda cars and 1 garda jeep. The cars got stuck in traffic (one way system innit?) so the guards jumped out of the car from near The Price Is Right and ran all the way down.

I followed, cos I'm a nosy bugger, and seen them gathering outside the corner shop, think it was Gala opposite that clothes shop where people get their posh dresses near Magees. They were looking all confused and pointing down towards a lane and telling some guards to go one way, another the other way.

I don't have a clue what happened! Anyone know what the big drama was? First time I've ever seen so many guards in Letterkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

The chinese takeaway got the stations order mixed up and it was sent to the wrong address. They were trying to recover the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Thought that was a normal Saturday night in Letterkenny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

My memories of letterkenny it sounds like any other weekend as well.
    bandit197 wrote: »
    The chinese takeaway got the stations order mixed up and it was sent to the wrong address. They were trying to recover the food.

Now that you mention it, I was reading in the Donegal News on Friday that the Chinise on the Kilmacrennan Rd was ramraided in the week.

Could there be a link.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

They probably heard there was work to be done in the station....:D

Advertisement