Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on buying your meats.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ours is split between, veg, meat Laurel Lodge, the Centra there can have good deals. Vastly cheaper than Spar anyway. Tesco for other stuff. Opportunity and time can often dicate where you shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

get fresh in laurel lodge very good for veg, has a great reputation. sweeney's butchers can be a bit pricey but some really good stuff there,staff are very friendly and they tend to have w/e. specials. centra as boston mentioned can have good deals but i hate going into that shop during the morning as one or two staff are always yakking instead of serving at the tills :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

get fresh in laurel lodge very good for veg, has a great reputation. sweeney's butchers can be a bit pricey but some really good stuff there,staff are very friendly and they tend to have w/e. specials. centra as boston mentioned can have good deals but i hate going into that shop during the morning as one or two staff are always yakking instead of serving at the tills :mad:.

When I go in to my local pub or shop, if the staff are not "yakking" (with me "yakking" with them) there is something wrong :)

Sometimes you just need to slow down, get social and Yak. It's good for the soul. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

When I go in to my local pub or shop, if the staff are not "yakking" (with me "yakking" with them) there is something wrong :)

Sometimes you just need to slow down, get social and Yak. It's good for the soul. ;)
    while it is slightly off the topic.as i said centra is great for good deals. but theres a difference between pleasantries and having a full blowing conversation while people are waiting to be served,as in 5 mins or more next in line. on a few occasions i've just dumped my stuff there and gone to roselawn instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Branagans is a quality place for the meats! I little known jewel ;)

As said during the week, I was in Branagans this morning and bought meats for a couple of weeks. I have already tried the burgers and they are delicious. Glad I found out about this place.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Gleesons in the Blanchardstown Centre have a great variety of meats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Gleesons in the Blanchardstown Centre have a great variety of meats.

But not good on price, IMO, happy to be proven wrong.

Bought all my meat there years ago, (Roselawn) but have moved on since.

Noticed a big increase in price/no deals once they moved to the center.

Advertisement