Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three (3) 3g network Naas

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

Anyone out there on the Three network in the Naas area?

Getting messed about by o2 wrt the 3g problems they cant seem to fix.

So I'm thinking of leaving them and going to Three and using their all you can eat data plan with my iPhone.

So if anyone out there has experience of Three's network/3g signal in Naas I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Have a read in here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056209630

I'd get a free SIM to test before deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi

Anyone out there on the Three network in the Naas area?

Getting messed about by o2 wrt the 3g problems they cant seem to fix.

So I'm thinking of leaving them and going to Three and using their all you can eat data plan with my iPhone.

So if anyone out there has experience of Three's network/3g signal in Naas I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks

I live just outside Naas (Kill)
    Left oh Pooh last year because of their crap upgrade policies, questionable service, and down right extortianite bills!

Joined 3, got free phone, (galaxy s) and my bills have been more than halved!

Reception is spot on in my area anyway, but as I travel a lot with work, I NEVER really find an area its not great in!

My advice, get on to three as quick as you can!

Don't do this ^^. Test first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

JustinOval wrote: »
    Don't do this ^^. Test first.

Yea I'd agree with that advice. I live on Sallins side of town and am borderline 3G so phone flicks between Voda 2G and Three 3G a lot (inside). I would love to know if this impacts battery life though 'cos its not great. I find the Voda 2G pretty useless for browsing - painfully slow so if I didn't have wifi at home this would be a huge issue for me. Can get 3G though around most of town although never full bars and is not as fast as Vodafone or O2. Anywhere I've been in Dublin is pretty much full bar coverage.

I had my 3GS originally on O2 and left when contract was cancelled I moved to Vodafone on a simply plan and they were both faster than iPhone 4 on Three, with Vodafone being the fastest but not by such a great margin. Having said all that though I got a great price on the iPhone, good plan and its great being able to tether without extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

Im on three and its great!

I know they get a lot of bad press on here but I really cant see why, I don't seem to be affected by the same issues that others are.

Now in my third year with them and the 45 euro iphone plan has worked out the cheapest plan for me so far! Get more than enough minutes because I have an extra 150 evening and weekend and everyone in the house is on three so free calls to them. Used to get 70 euro bills on a regular basis but haven't had one over 45 since i started with iPhone.

Also half my minutes can be used to call the Uk, and as half the numbers I have in the phone book at 0044 there's no expensive call charges for me!

Sure sometimes the mobile internet is not as fast as id like it to be, notable case being on the Arran islands but ill forgive them for that.

Try a sim out for a week, best network by far with some of the extras like all you can eat data.

• Advertisement

pcbscott wrote: »
    I don't seem to be affected by the same issues that others are.

That's why you can't understand the bad press. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

With all due respect Justin, you seem very anti three!
    Any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

Guess Im one of the lucky ones then! :D

Ghandee wrote: »
    With all due respect Justin, you seem very anti three!
    Any particular reason?

Yes. I signed a contract after a brief test (seemed fine at the time) but coverage here has been very poor for months, if you get bumped off 3G and onto 2G (Vodafone roaming) you can forget about 'All you can eat' data, it's worse than dial-up.

pcbscott wrote: »
    Guess Im one of the lucky ones then! :D

Not quite, it's the other way 'round; I'm one of the unlucky ones, and in the minority I hope. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

I would avoid 3 like I would the bubonic plague.

Problems with handsets, problems with getting Skype working and huge problems getting any acknowledgement from 3 that there is in fact a problem at all.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I would avoid 3 like I would the bubonic plague.

Problems with handsets, problems with getting Skype working and huge problems getting any acknowledgement from 3 that there is in fact a problem at all.

:mad:

What's your problem exactly I've been with 3 yrs and never had any major problems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It all depends on where you are and what device you're using. Test the network as Justin has advised and maybe like me and many others it'll be perfect and you can then take advantage. If not then you've done no harm by testing. PAYG sim's are free in store or online.
    http://www.three.ie/shop/simonly.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 duckduckduck

i have an iphone 4 and when im on the phone it just randomly cuts out saying no connection... anyone else having this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tomtraubert

Thanks all for the suggestions/info

Think i'll drop into the carphone warehouse pick up a sim and give it a bash

Cheers

i have an iphone 4 and when im on the phone it just randomly cuts out saying no connection... anyone else having this problem ?

Yeah, loads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Advertisement