Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for person experienced in Gung Fu or Judo.

• 20-04-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi guys.
    As the titles says I'm looking for someone who's experienced in either a style of Gung Fu/Kung Fu or Judo.

It's for my final year project in Visual communications in IADT Dun laoghaire, in which I'm designing an Identity for Martial arts Ireland.

Some of the photos I've taken so far can be found on this link.
    http://wesdoherty.blogspot.com/2011/04/photographs-for-final-project.html

So yeah, because i'm a student I'm flat broke, I wont be able to pay anyone, but I will be able to give you digital copies off all the photos, and If I make a poster or brochure with any of them I can print an extra copy and send them to you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

Alternatively I would love to be able to attend a class in either style to film some footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 casper69

Where are you based bud? Are you limiting yourself to just those two styles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you want to travel to Dublin I can introduce you to the guys out in Portmarnock Judo Club.

Here's a clip of us training..

And a small club competition..

If thats your thing & you want to make the trip let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

There is a branch of Yang's Martial Arts Association in Deansgrange Industrial Estate. They train in White Crane and Long Fist Kung Fu. The head instructor posts here sometimes - Paul Moran.

I used to train there it's a good club and would be worth checking out.

Hey Casper, Well I'm just looking for those two styles because I've got a fair bit on the other styles I'm doing.

What style did you have in mind?
    I'm based out near Deansgrange
    casper69 wrote: »
    Where are you based bud? Are you limiting yourself to just those two styles?

• Advertisement

Hey Jaxson Noisy Winter, Yeah that would be great, do you guys have a website? I'm just wondering what days you guys operate?

If you can get back to me anyway that would be great.
    Thanks
    If you want to travel to Dublin I can introduce you to the guys out in Portmarnock Judo Club.

Here's a clip of us training..

And a small club competition..

If thats your thing & you want to make the trip let me know.

Hey Andrew, I actually contacted those Guys but they never got back to me, would have been very handy too cause they operate just down the road.
    Ah well.
    Andrew H wrote: »
    There is a branch of Yang's Martial Arts Association in Deansgrange Industrial Estate. They train in White Crane and Long Fist Kung Fu. The head instructor posts here sometimes - Paul Moran.

I used to train there it's a good club and would be worth checking out.

Advertisement