Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swarms of flies!!

Options
  • 20-04-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello all

Have a rather annoying issue in my garden with swarms of bloody flies congregating on the ivy thats crawling all the trees. The place is teaming with thousands of them and there is a constant drone of buzzing over-head!!

Here are some pictures. Any one any ideas whats going on? Do my trees need a bar of soap and a can of lynx??!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

just get rid of the ivy its horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

You need to bury the body deeper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Is it shaded? It might be the heat of the sun over the past week or two has caused them to gather among cooler areas.
    It also might be eggs (I can't remember the term for flys eggs) nearby, as in, the eggs within the ivy/tree/soil/faeces (a.k.a crap)
    Although quite annoying, it happens.
    I'm not exactly an expert, so this could be totally useless much like the two posts above :P

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Looks like the Common Housefly to me. Find the source of rottingness and you can cure it.

Gardening is such a serious business ;).

Advertisement