Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todd Carney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Expect to see them both do a bit of rehab in the Super League for a year or two before heading back to Aus, they will do their "Bird" fair and square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea saddened by the pickle Todd Carney finds himself in. I truly hope he resolves stuff and gets his life together. Obviously I'd like that to be while he's still with the Roosters being from that part of the place myself.

I can't say about in this part of the world, but the pressure some of the talented kids are placed under as they turn pro in Australia can be considerable. I remember being on a flight with the Tigers from Sydney to Townsville in '08 and there were young late teen players already earning serious money who had the social cop-on of a 12 yr old. They even appeared to have an special coach on board to help them conduct themselves in public.

As for Watts, he seems to be quiet the plonker so yea, terminate his contract. If he did beat his partner then I'd like to see him do a stretch as well.

Advertisement