Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Wi-Fi problem!

• 20-04-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I bought a Blackberry last week and every time I connect it to our home Wi-Fi(UPC) it causes the connection to drop on other peoples laptops in the house,the blackberry itself doesn't even keep the connection for more then a minute or two!

The only way to get the laptops to connect again is to plug the Wi-Fi router in and out again,very frustrating!

Anybody knowledgeable know whats going on here??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sounds like the BB has a fixed IP address that is conflicting with the router ?

Have no personal experience of either UPC or Blackberry but I recall another poster here a couple of months ago who had a notebook which, when turned on in his office, disconnected all the other users from the 'net. His problem was a fixed IP instead of setting it to be a DHCP client.

Ken

Advertisement