Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Mark Jobs

Options
  • 20-04-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know if Peter Mark HR look at the cv's submitted online?
    I would love to work with them but I never get a reply from them. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get a job with them? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Are you a trained / qualified hairdresser or seeking a trainee position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justme83

I've done nearly 3 years as a trainee but the salon I was in closed down. I'm willing to start over if you think that would help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Can't see why you would be required to start all over again if you are able to prove your 3 years experience/training . Perhaps a more direct approach such as walking in and speaking to a manager may get a better response than you have had so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justme83

I have tried that a few times but there's been a change in management since my interview in November. I'll give it one last go then I'll have to give up, I'm probably too old now anyway, I'm 27. Dont really know if that matters or not. Thanks for the advice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

justme83 wrote: »
    I have tried that a few times but there's been a change in management since my interview in November. I'll give it one last go then I'll have to give up, I'm probably too old now anyway, I'm 27. Dont really know if that matters or not. Thanks for the advice though :)

While most of the trainees are quite young (18-22) I really don't think it matters.

I have a friend who is currently training in PM and they have been told that there is absolutely no guarantee that the trainees will be given jobs with the company when they qualify. Like all salons, they are feeling the pinch. The money for a trainee is also very low for the long hours that can be required.

Going back to the beginning of the training (which takes ~4 years iirc) may give you a better chance to get in. From what my friend told me, they like things done the PM way.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it works out for you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement