Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Lee Evans funny?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

No
    He makes me laugh :) hilarious!

I on the other hand dont like Bill Hicks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Folester27

No
    The man is hilarious..i've never enjoyed watching a comedian before as much as i enjoy watching him. I like Frankie Boyle, McIntyre can be funny too but Lee is just the king..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

No
    One of my favourite comedians i have ever seen live.

While most people don't consider him the best, He doesn't cross many lines with his stand up. Mainly a few sexist jokes here and there, But normally very clean humor which is extremely hard for a stand up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Skinback

Lee Evans is a truly awesome talent but currently he's being exposed to us on telly every night which tires me out and i'm a major fan.
    Evans is a very special talent but he's only human and is'nt on top of his game every single night....who could beHe did a gig in Dublin last year and referred to notes all the way through his show.
    I'd have been insulted only he has to warm to his material somewhere....anyway....he was still great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

No
    I think he's funny myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

No
    I've seen all of his DVDs. I think he is one of the best comedians out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Every post I read from those that like him I keep scrolling down further in the post for an aside where you severely berate the sweaty clown and don't really mean what you initially wrote - sadly, that hasn't happened yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

weird noised and faces is NOT funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

DamienOB wrote: »
    weird noised and faces is NOT funny

When they add to the excitement of the joke, they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Voted no on this. He is brilliant in Something About Mary. Not big into his stand up shows at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

As has been said, he has taken Norman Wisdom's act and added swearing.

It's unoriginal, unnecessary and unfunny imo.

Don't get me wrong, I love slapstick but his just isn't funny, he overmilks the slapstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

No
    I like him.

Got all his DVDs, but couldn't watch them too often...suppose the same as any standup show

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Nope don't like him I have tried to give him a chance but the excessive sweating does turn me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭larchielads

wasnt a big fan either but went to see him in cork opera house recently my jaws are still sore...........from laughing :pac: no seriously though my opinion has changed, funny fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I just don't understand how anyone finds him the slightest bit funny. I honestly can't understand the appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

About as funny as a hammer to the balls, and he's totally ripped off Norman Wisdom. Who was also about as funny as a hammer to the balls.

He must have a very good agent, because he's never off the telly.

Was good in Mousetrap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

No
    He makes me laugh a lot, so yes, to me he is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Fair enough, humour is subjective.

Unfortunately :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Very sweaty,a bit funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

No
    At first, didn't like him, watched his older stuff first. Never particularly found his older stuff funny. But from watching his newer stuff I then found him very hilarious & understood the type of humour he does, then watching his older stuff became funny too.

Humour is very subjective as well, some comedians that alot of people find funny, I don't. All I know is that Lee Evans makes me laugh. His humour is very visual, his body does more than the actual talking, almost slapstick like but some of his jokes can sometimes be the same every show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

No
    im in the minority here, i really like him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

No
    He is funny in small doses.

Didn't like it when he came to The opera House in Cork and used us as guinea pigs for his new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭POKERKING

No
    One of the best if not the best stand ups around.

I beg anyone who dislikes him to sit through his full set before making a judgement, most people that dislike him usually watch him for 5 mins and then say he sweats hes not funny. I used to think this too until i actually sat down and watched him for a full show one of the best things I ever did.

Im a big stand up fan and hes my favorite, he must be doing something right hes doing stand up 20+ years and has broke lots of records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

He's more funny that other 'successful' 'comedians' such as I dunno.... Harry Hill and......well no just Harry Hill.....

Advertisement