Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator's closing threads whilly nilly

Options
  • 20-04-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I've just had a thread that I'd carefully researched and posted suddenly closed here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056241904

No reason was given, no rules were broken and yet it was done nonetheless.

Another thread (below) on clay shooting in Mayo county was shut on the flimsy ground's that because it referenced insurance and went 'off topic'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056236046

Correct me if I'm wrong but thread's going 'Off Topic' is part and parcel of an internet forum as is healthy and heated debate.

Please can someone who is either an Admin or moderator Re-open the above threads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The first thread was closed by brianthebard, so your best bet would be to PM him and ask why he closed it. He may re-open it after you've discussed the issue with him.

I see no problem with Ezridax closing the second thread. Going off-topic is not necessarily part and parcel of an internet forum, it all depends on what the discussion is about. In that thread a specific question was asked and the discussion wasn't really going anywhere. then a completely unrelated discussion about insurance started. There's nothing wrong with having that discussion, but it's not really fair to the OP who was looking to have a question answered. You could PM Ezridax and ask that the insurance discussion posts be moved to a thread of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Thanks for the response.

I've sent a PM to BTB and am awaiting a response...

Advertisement