Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kick Boxing

• 20-04-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I'm going to my first ever kick boxing class tonight.I was just wondering what to expect.
    Will it be intense?
    How long before I'd be ready to compete?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

It all depends on many things. What type of kickboxing is it? What club? is it a competition based club etc etc.

Your own progress depends on you. Enjoy your first class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

I just said I'd update this thread on my progress.Have been kick boxing three times a week for the last while and have loved every minute of it.
    Oh to answer your question,the club's style is bo-ju-kai.

So with my interest in kick boxing growing I've decided to improve some more aspects of my game by attending a BJJ class tomorrow night.

By your game, I'm assuming you are interested in MMA?

You would be best off attending an MMA club if so, if your attending BJJ to improve your kickboxing game, you're in for a shock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

Lol,No I wasn't expecting BJJ to improve my kick boxing at all.
    Obviously I was referring to my overall game as in striking and grappling.

There are no MMA clubs around here.I think attending many different clubs totally focused on different arts is as beneficial as attending just the one MMA focused club.

Perhaps I'm wrong..But its kind of the only choice I have at the moment.

It was your use of the term 'your game' that threw me, I would have taken it in a sporting context, and the only sport where you combine striking and grappling is MMA.

As your just mixing up your training for experience - enjoy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement