Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Protein & High Blood Pressure

Options
  • 20-04-2011 2:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

GF is due today, baby is down and right way around and the GF is feeling loads of pressure over the last 2 days but she was in with the mid wife today.

she was told to go to the hospital to be checked out as theires high protein in her urine and her blood pressure is high.

should i be worried?
    any reasons for this?

thanks.

up until now she has had a very very good pregnancy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Hiya, obviously this is a medical condition and you will need to speak to the doctor for any advice. From my own experience, I had high blood pressure for the last 6 weeks or so of my pregnancy which resulted in me being put on beta blockers and having to go to the clinic weekly and eventually daily for monitoring. I never had protein in my urine so monitoring was allowed rather than admission and early induction.

Regardless, if they let her out, make sure she gets plenty of bed rest and literally does nothing around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL FORUM.
    Do not look for medical advice here, always always check with your medical care provider as for what is best for you and your unborn child.

Guys, I know this is an advice forum and stuff like the above is easily found on the internet by googling the symptoms but please do not try diagnose anything on here. It's against the charter.

kceire, I hope your wife is ok, let us know how she gets on in the hospital, maybe on the fathers thread or the pregnancy thread :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement