Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop repair Sligo

Options
  • 20-04-2011 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any laptop repair places around Sligo. The screen is totally screwed not physically broken but might have to be replaced. Any help would be great,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this from the NW forum to the Sligo forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Compupac in Finisklin would be the first place for me that springs to mind. Think there may be one or two other places around the town, a few of the other regulars might be able to suggest a place or two.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

bredec13 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know of any laptop repair places around Sligo. The screen is totally screwed not physically broken but might have to be replaced. Any help would be great,
    Thanks

What type of laptop is it and what exactly is the problem, it might not be the screen that needs replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bredec13

Hi Thanks for the help, never thought of compupac so must call in there.
    I think the screen will need to be replaced although I haven't had a professional look at it yet .It looks like its cracked on the inside and most of the screen is just white. I have been using it connected to the tv as theres no way I'd be able to use it otherwise.
    Has anyone used brokenscreen.ie?
    I got a quote of €130 euros for screen replacement including pick up and delivery, but I've been looking for customer reviews and I can't find any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

I was quoted 300 euro in pc world for them to fix mine. EEEK! Eh ya right.

I have the same problem as OP although mine is still usuable. I found a screen for my laptop on line for approx 80 euro, i would just need someone to do the labour on it. So yes i wouldn't mind an answer to this post also and the approximate costs involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

I had a broken screen and i got a new one delivered next day from a company in Cork for about 110- 130 can't remember exactly how much. It is fairly easy to replace the screen yourself if you are careful. there isb only about 15 screws to be undone and the clip from the old one to be removed carefully and put back on the new one. I'm sure if you google your make and model it will give you a step by step guide on replacing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If you can get a screen with a surround and casing then is no problem but changing the lcd on some laptops is a pain. Part for 80 alright but labour will be close to 100e . I reckon the 130 all in is a good deal. Dont think Compupac will change the screen unless they source the part and with that the part will have to be the proper manufactures part as with PC World. So 300 is around the price you could expect. Compupac would be a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

piddles wrote: »
    I was quoted 300 euro in pc world for them to fix mine. EEEK! Eh ya right.

I have the same problem as OP although mine is still usuable. I found a screen for my laptop on line for approx 80 euro, i would just need someone to do the labour on it. So yes i wouldn't mind an answer to this post also and the approximate costs involved.

I know someone that will fit the screen for 60 euro. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nanif

<snip>

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nanif.

Please dont spam the forum with your advert. This is why we have adverts.ie

Sorry. Wasn't meant as spam. Seen people who wanted help and offered. Seen one then the other.
    Sorry again,
    Nanif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thematrixpc

nanif wrote: »
    Sorry. Wasn't meant as spam. Seen people who wanted help and offered. Seen one then the other.
    Sorry again,
    Nanif.
    Hi guys i do laptop screen replacement, usely around 70e upwards. That's the screen included. Hope this can help.
    Bernard.
    Trinitypcrepairs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hi guys i do laptop screen replacement, usely around 70e upwards. That's the screen included. Hope this can help.
    Bernard.
    Trinitypcrepairs

Bernard you need a business account with boards to promote your business. Also the OP asked this 4 months ago and I'm presuming they have it sorted now.

Advertisement