Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goat meat, anyone know where to buy?

Options
  • 20-04-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

i was just wondering if anyone knows of butchers who supply/sell goat meat?

I've made moroccan lamb dishes from recipes in the past, and a couple of them mention using goat as a substitute. Given that goat is more likely to be used in the original dishes, and is a very tasty & healthy alternative, i wouldn't mind giving it a go. Anyone know where to get some? I'll ask my local butcher as well.
    I'm in north wicklow

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

If there is a middle eastern or halal shop/butcher near you they usually have goat for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Eurasia on Fonthill Road (near liffey valley) has a halal butchers that sell goat meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chopsocky

'Bout ye

Halal shop on South Circular Road, 3 on Camden Street in Dublin if you're in the city these gusy will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

thanks folks, much appreciated. have been away for a few days, i'll check out a Halal butchers so.

Advertisement