Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did this come from ????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭squonk

Was wondering that myself. It's lashing here in Galway right now. I was just saying at lunchtime that it really looked like rain was on the way. It had gotten slightly colder. I don't mind if it clears off the mist after this. Tomorrow might be quite nice.

I wonder is it some instability caused by the warm airflow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

doesnt look at all like rain here, its 21 degrees and absolutely baking . . but i have a feeling we could be getting wet soon!!!

edit: looking at the animation, i think we'll be lucky!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Warning duly posted in the Galway City forum earlier did I forget to mention snow ??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056245241

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If this was headed for Dublin there might be a severe weather warning / flood alert. As it is headed for Galway and Mayo, nothing. Useless bastids :(

http://www.met.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

very heavy rain here now. i pissed my uncle off cause i told him it would be a ok to mix some cement today. i think this will rain die out as it crosses the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I think this will rain die out as it crosses the country.

It's cleared up here in Galway and despite the impressive-looking radar images, I only recorded a total of 1.9mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If this was headed for Dublin there might be a severe weather warning / flood alert. As it is headed for Galway and Mayo, nothing. Useless bastids :(

http://www.met.ie/

Why exactly would they issue a warning? It's rain. They said there would be showers in the west today and that's what it is. Why is there always the need to bash ME or the east? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

This was the thundery potential wasn't it?... Red echos on the radar look good for that .

Anyone hav a image crab from a lightning page? .. Can't look at any of them on my iPhone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing on Danno's radar anyway

Barely a drop of rain here all day, seems to be breaking up as it comes further north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Iancar29 wrote: »

Anyone hav a image crab from a lightning page? .. Can't look at any of them on my iPhone :(

Here you go Ian:
    [Embedded Image Removed]

Latest sferics around Europe:

156029.JPG

Iberia really getting battered over the last couple of days. Zilch over Ireland as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Here you go Ian:
    [Embedded Image Removed]

Latest sferics around Europe:

156029.JPG

Iberia really getting battered over the last couple of days. Zilch over Ireland as usual.

this is clearly your fault paddy1. you simply have not prayed enough to thor. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

this is clearly your fault paddy1. you simply have not prayed enough to thor. .

haha DE , was very confused looking at an image of a crab! , ..... then i read MY message again ha!

Nacho... We all know Thor is currently on earth without his powers... so OBVIOUSLY he cant control anything at the moment , we hav to wait till MAY 6th!, until his planned attack to regain his freedom and POWER!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

was too lazy to start a thread so suitably "where did this come from"

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/top-5-nasa-weather-images_2011-04-21?page=4

Advertisement