Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Failures! Parts needed..

Options
  • 20-04-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I have a 2001 316, 1.9 petrol

Failed NCT on the following today;

1) Front Suspension (46) Wishbones/WB Bushes (worn) OffsideFront
    2) Front Suspension (46) Anti-roll bar and links (Worn) OffsideFront

Got a quote to fix for 350 not including tracking.

Does anyone know where I could get good second hand BMW parts as I cant afford that much at the moment.. I'm based in D12.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

CAn the bushes be bought seperate for that bmw or must the whole arm be purhased? If bushes can be got, repair would be cheap.

Number 2 could be just a D bush or could be D bush and drop link.

350 :eek:
    Can it really be that much to fix the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

mickdw wrote: »
    CAn the bushes be bought seperate for that bmw or must the whole arm be purhased? If bushes can be got, repair would be cheap.

Number 2 could be just a D bush or could be D bush and drop link.

Not too sure if the whole arm has to be replaced to be honest.
    350 eek.gif
    Can it really be that much to fix the above?

Tell me about it!! The guy in the nct centre seemed to think that it wouldn't be that expensive to fix!! I'll just have to price around..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

theshamu wrote: »
    Tell me about it!! The guy in the nct centre seemed to think that it wouldn't be that expensive to fix!! I'll just have to price around..

The NCT guys always say that to people so you won't say anything to them for failing your car. This then leads to people thinking garages are ripping them off when the actual price is quoted:rolleyes:

The wishbone bushes are a common failure on the 3 srs, you should really get both done together as if one has enough play to fail then the other will be right behind it.

The bushes are available seperatly, you don't need to buy the whole arm but there is a bit of labour involved in changing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭pie-man

this job should not cost more than 200/250 thats if you replacing one rear wishbone bushing and/or a drop link/anti roll bar bushings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

No point getting any of the above parts second hand. That price looks all right for getting someone to do them jobs.

If you done the work your self the parts would come to say €175, so your price looks ok...

Advertisement