Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K.K. Downing Retires From Judas Priest

Options
  • 20-04-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Taken from the Priest website:

"It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that K.K. DOWNING has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming EPITAPH Tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally all wish him well."

Bit of a shocker. Must be something going on behind the scenes to say that he's retiring all of a sudden and just before they embark on their farewell tour. It'll be strange to see Priest without him on stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

:confused: Strange one alright ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Very, very shocking. Just before their last world tour starts and everthing, gutted. Seeing them at Hellfest and Wacken won't be the same!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Ah crap....thats a shame:(!!! Looks like they're bringin' Richie Faulkner as replacement for the upcoming tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

a shame indeed.

i salute you kk and wish you well in whatever you do, thanks for the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

This is the guy who is supposed to fill KK's shoes:

http://www.starnow.com/SkyWalker666/video/53523/

Er, nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

This is the guy who is supposed to fill KK's shoes:

http://www.starnow.com/SkyWalker666/video/53523/

Er, nope.

well the guy can play!

but nobody could ever going to replace K.k! seen the the priest in 09, great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Really odd that he would exit the group, just like that, eight weeks before the start of the band's tour. Surely he'd want to finish off Priest with the supposed "farewell" tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

K.K. Downing has released a statement about his exit from the band.

"Dear friends,

"It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer.

"Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am OK.

"There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time. Therefore I have decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans. However, I would urge you to please support the PRIEST as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

"All my love and respect."

source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Apparently he finished up with Priest before last Christmas, and it's only been announced to the public now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

A lot of the fans figured it was something to do with the management. That Glenn/Jayne Andrews combo always seems to be the source of trouble from everything i've ever heard.

I can say i'm really disinterested in the band now after this. The farewell tour won't be the same without him and a new album will oddly be even stranger without KK than when Rob left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bad news indeed.........darn it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Really shocked at this. Dont think anyone really saw this coming. Pity he wont be part of the send off for the band, that he had a very large hand in creating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Advertisement