Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCs - how do you feel about your teachers going to your grad mass?

• 20-04-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Like,they usually come to the pubs afterwards. Well,in my school they do!

I was just wondering what's it like for you to hang out with your teachers and see them a drunk and a different side to them? Also,how do you think your teachers reacted when they saw the students(who they probably thought were innocent,well some :p ) getting drunk? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Our teachers never go out afterwards with the students. That would be a bit creepy IMO. I have been in the pub with one or two of my teachers before by pure coincidence. They were dead sound (which was completely out of character). The only word I could use to seeing them kind of drunk would be "different." I didnt know whether to laugh or hide! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Lollipop95 wrote: »

I was just wondering what's it like for you to hang out with your teachers and see them a drunk and a different side to them? Also,how do you think your teachers reacted when they saw the students(who they probably thought were innocent,well some :p ) getting drunk? :D
    I don't see the big deal in it?! :P.. I'm in 5th year but we are always talking to our Technology teacher about nights out/ nightclubs etc!. We also meet them on nights out and that as well! You'd be very surprised how the craziest teacher in school can be the nicest person outside of school!. Teachers are people, they're not naive! Our Business teacher is always talking to us about smoking etc, and our Geography teacher (middle aged hilarious woman) asked us the difference between Wine & Champagne as she doesn't drink :L and asked us straight out "How many of us like to get wasted at the weekend" :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Lollipop95 wrote: »

Not all teachers get drunk
    Not all teachers get drunk on grad night
    Teachers are humans too and have social lives outside school believe it or not
    Teachers don't bat an eyelid at students getting drunk on grad night - you're not the first set of LC students to go through the school and you won't be the last. It's not like we haven't seen some of you come in hungover on a Monday before. We have met some of you out at weekends (especially if living in a small town). We also were LC students once and haven't forgotten what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I remember walking by the staff room and overhearing the History teacher planning her wild night out with vodka, Jagerbombs, and whatnot. Was a bit surreal. It's easy to sometimes forget that teachers are people too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

At our grad mass, lots of the teachers came to the nightclub that everyone went to that evening. They were actually really sound! There were two or three teachers there who you'd know wouldn't step dead into a nightclub if it wasn't for the other teachers heading out!

Grad night is always a really fun night out - enjoy it, as the next few weeks are nothing short of miserable :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

It'll be nice to meet them as equals without the worry of being treated horribly in class for the next 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I wouldn't really mind having a pint with most of my teachers tbh, most are fairly sound and talk to us like equals now, especially this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

In my school a few of the teachers come to the pub and sometimes even the clubs . The teachers in my school are pretty laid back and a good laugh though.
    Last year a few of them came in the next day to school from last years 6th years one they had been out all night with them and the next day in school they so looked hungover.

Advertisement