Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of movin to oz

Options
  • 20-04-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

i'm thinking about movin to australia and no matter how much i look up online cant find much info on de cost, visa, flights, etc.
    also not sure how much i'd need to have with me goin.
    any advice would be much appreciated!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

fizzylizzy wrote: »
    i'm thinking about movin to australia and no matter how much i look up online cant find much info on de cost, visa, flights, etc.
    MOD For the love of god no text speak please, use your keyboard or predictive text on a phone.

What VISA are you going for ?

Oh and welcome to boards ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

fizzylizzy wrote: »

You can't find the cost of a visa online????
    You can't find the cost of a flight to Australia online???

what have you searched for? The www.immi.gov.au is the visa page (which will have everything you need inc prices)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Working Holiday Visa $235 (€170-175)
    Travel Insurance €130 approx
    Flights €550 -700 (as much as you want to spend)
    Hostel in Perth for a week-Double Bed, Own Room $400-600

Phone Unlocking €20 (Can get cheaper/free but can be dodgy)
    Sim Card $3-10?
    Open Bank account-free, but possibily $50 has to be lodged to activate it.

Then if your planning on doing your regional work straight away then i'm sure €1500 would be more than plenty to last 2-3 weeks until you found a job.

If your travelling first for a while you would probally want a good €3000 but the more you have the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fizzylizzy

thanks for de help! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

rightyabe wrote: »
    Working Holiday Visa $235 (€170-175)
    Travel Insurance €130 approx
    Flights €550 -700 (as much as you want to spend)
    Hostel in Perth for a week-Double Bed, Own Room $400-600

Phone Unlocking €20 (Can get cheaper/free but can be dodgy)
    Sim Card $3-10?
    Open Bank account-free, but possibily $50 has to be lodged to activate it.

Then if your planning on doing your regional work straight away then i'm sure €1500 would be more than plenty to last 2-3 weeks until you found a job.

If your travelling first for a while you would probally want a good €3000 but the more you have the better.

Nice one, where do you buy travel insurance thou? Which is the best site for booking flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Nice one, where do you buy travel insurance thou? Which is the best site for booking flights?

For flights google skyscanner and google backpacker travel insurane, I cant think of the name now. But there was a thread on here that I think said that some insurance doesn't really cover you (or yo that effect) alot of T&C.

Advertisement