Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one to choose..?

Options
  • 20-04-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I've been offered an upgrade to a Galaxy S for little or nothing. It will be my first smartphone, phone i've got now is a Samsung Tocco Ultra 8500.

My question is would I be better off waiting for the new Galaxy S II coming soon from what I've read? Is the new Galaxy much different to the old one...

Head is melted in what to go for....! Is camera not good on old one compared to new one. So many questions but best place to get them answered is here ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 powpow

Go for the Galaxy S, the camera quality is much better than the tocco Ultra. I wouldnt bother waiting for the SGS2 unless you know you'll be able to pick one up cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The Galaxy S2 will (probably) be quite a bit dearer than the Galaxy S.
    So, if you're getting the S for next to nothing then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

powpow wrote: »
    Go for the Galaxy S, the camera quality is much better than the tocco Ultra.

Are your eyes painted on? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Camera is fine on the Galaxy S, but it has no flash which is a real pain SGS2 does have a flash, or you could jump the Samsung ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Decided on the Galaxy S couldnt be arsed waiting on the new one sure they'll probably want big bucks for it anyway. Got it for 49 euro & for around what i'm paying now on my current plan per month, so its happy days all round oh & a nice 10% disc on my bill for being a loyal customer for the term of the contract ;) just for haggling!!

Should arrive Tues next. Thanx for the input guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

golfnuts wrote: »
    Decided on the Galaxy S couldnt be arsed waiting on the new one sure they'll probably want big bucks for it anyway. Got it for 49 euro & for around what i'm paying now on my current plan per month, so its happy days all round oh & a nice 10% disc on my bill for being a loyal customer for the term of the contract ;) just for haggling!!

Should arrive Tues next. Thanx for the input guys!

let us know what you think of it.id be interested to hear anyway.

Advertisement