Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this house covered?

Options
  • 20-04-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can someone help please.my sister has an old house,as far as we know it was built in 1923 with walls 3ft wide and is constructed from stone and lime and god only knows what else. Theres a settlement craic in the wall that appears to me like its getting bigger everytime i see it. it looks like the gable is coming away from the rest of the house.I can only imagine that this is a big job considering that the entire gable could have to be knocked and rebuilt.can concrete blocks be tied into the traditional stone build successfully or would this small cottage have to be completely demolished and rebuilt? My question is, what will the insurance company cover in this case?thanks

Advertisement