Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get i5-2500S or i7-2600S?

Options
  • 20-04-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Per thread title looking for an i5-2500S preferably but could settle for an i7-2600S (low energy not the K or vanilla versions).

Looks like the odd person or two on the web has managed to snag one or the either but they seem to be very hard to get processors.

I understand they're OEM only parts and so not going to enter the main retail supply lines but e.g. places like overclockers etc offer OEM versions of the 2600 and 2500 (vanilla and K) so hoping that....

Yes I know the i5-2400S (the only S version targetting the retail channels) is available on most sites but i'm after an i5-2500S or 2600S.

So anyone ona similar search with some success (that doesn't involve getting it from Asia)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oops, sorry i posted a 2400 there, why are you after a 2500?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,
    I'm after the 2500S for an energy efficent processor with some good horsepower. Of the S models it presents a good pick between the 2400S and the 2600S. The 65 TDP is good to have when you want to minimise heat output (95 TDP is the standard TDP for Sandybridge non S processors).

While Sandbridge can theoratically handle passive coolers, I'd prefer an extra safety margin by going for the S models with the lower TDP.

Advertisement