Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need old fashioned 2 bar electric heater

Options
  • 20-04-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi neighbours,

I am after a loan of an old style 2 bar electric heater. In fact if I could use two of them. This type

poole%20electric%20fire%20RL2.jpg

If anyone can help me out I'd be most grateful. I am in south Co. Sligo and can travel to collect etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

You could have a problem finding 2 of those old watt-guzzlers! If you only need the loan of them maybe you should try some theatre company who may have them as stage props. Or the recycling depot at the Deepwater Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

red sean wrote: »
    You could have a problem finding 2 of those old watt-guzzlers! If you only need the loan of them maybe you should try some theatre company who may have them as stage props. Or the recycling depot at the Deepwater Quay.

I know, I reckon lots of people have em in attics or packed away. I'm working on a project and need these to generate heat in a homemade oven for a fabricating process. I'd be willing to buy them off folks also.

Try the appliance repair place in the Market Yard in Sligo. Tom is his name. He might know, or Alan Taheny on Market St.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd say my self your best bet would be a loan of one. Not even sure if they are sold any more due to safety concerns.

What about the fan type heaters, similar size. Homebase and Argos sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

irish-stew wrote: »
    What about the fan type heaters, similar size. Homebase and Argos sell them.

Not hot enough stew

• Advertisement

You can buy infrared heaters which would give you the same quality of heat. They are usually one bar and used for airing damp rooms. However, they are wall mounted.

Advertisement