Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robbery in briar hill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I don't see why posters can enter threads as such and get away with it.

Because it's the internet.

06a2e9ae_someone-wrong-on-internet.jpg.png

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Because it's the internet.

I've seen it plenty of times before.

Well then what's the point of moderators and rules then?.

A forum like this is supposed to be above that, offering intelligent conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Fair play to ya... I see you can reference a dictionary

You need to get out more, if you can't handle the banter then just log off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In fairness. well done to AGS- seems to be a case well tackled. Though in fairness it's naive to be convinced that it's 'dublin criminals'. As much as I love airsoft, part of my own collection - and this is only a small part - is testament to something that is so free to the public yet so capable in the wrong hands. It's becoming increasingly easy for any 'joe soap', regardless of connections or location, to enter into criminality. I loathe to think of how many 'armed robberies' are actually committed by co2/gas pistols...it's unfortunate, but a true by product of the sport of airsoft.

23042011166.jpg

23042011168.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

Damie wrote: »
    You need to get out more, if you can't handle the banter then just log off.
    well said. if this forum is your social life who has the lack of social skills? me or you gilbertini? its good friday and im after coming home from a good night out. what were you doing? waiting for me to respond? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

I've seen it plenty of times before.

Well then what's the point of moderators and rules then?.

A forum like this is supposed to be above that, offering intelligent conversations.
    must have been dubs!!! very intelligent. and you are not even irish!! get the boat mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

samdeman wrote: »
    well said. if this forum is your social life who has the lack of social skills? me or you gilbertini? its good friday and im after coming home from a good night out. what were you doing? waiting for me to respond? :)

Seriously, this kind of smarty arsed post is what causes problems for other posters. I too have noticed that lately on the Galway forum there is an increasing number of posters who respond with sarcastic/unhelpful posts thinking they are funny:(

your post above only serves to annoy/rise a poster and tbh there is no need for it:)

Just because you don't agree with a posters view does not mean ye have to ridicule them, this regional forum could do without it.......IMO. TerrorFirmer disagreed with the poster but could make his point in a way that was not ridiculing!

* if I'm MOD infracted so be it, but this was something I've wanted to say for a while.....probably should've taken it to R and R but meh*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just because you don't agree with a posters view does not mean ye have to ridicule them, this regional forum could do without it.
    Most sensible thing I read all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

I didn't see ridicule or intend to de-rail a thread, all I seen was a sarcastic comment. I don't see the point in jumping on the internet warrior horse just because a comment is sarcastic or light hearted.
    This is a forum, I'm pretty sure there is a more serious section if thats what you are looking for but I think a lot of people need to take a chill pill and relax the kax!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I didn't see ridicule or intend to de-rail a thread, all I seen was a sarcastic comment. I don't see the point in jumping on the internet warrior horse just because a comment is sarcastic or light hearted.
    This is a forum, I'm pretty sure there is a more serious section if thats what you are looking for but I think a lot of people need to take a chill pill and relax the kax!

/rant

I'm far from an internet warrior, in fact I would feel that it is those who post these "light hearted/sarcastic comments" who are more deserving of the title.........

I'm just pointing out that it is quite possible to point out the errors of a post if a poster disagrees with it without poking fun (be it sarcastically or light heartedly).

And I agree with you that there are section of boards more suited to a particular type of response....AH being one where posters can have more or less free rein to be extremely sarcastic and everyone is very chillaxed in there:)

EDIT: Anyhow, I'll leave it at that as I don't want to derail the thread anymore than I have and Biko hunt me down with a warning:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I'm a Dub in Galway- I don't have any guns. Sheesh, assumptions. Few sheisters here born and bread, doesn't need always be the Dubs!

OMG You're like so coolsies... you were out on good Friday.
    You're so much cooler then me Samantha.
    must have been dubs!!! very intelligent. and you are not even irish!! get the boat mac.

Am I not?... that's news to me:confused:
    Seriously, this kind of smarty arsed post is what causes problems for other posters. I too have noticed that lately on the Galway forum there is an increasing number of posters who respond with sarcastic/unhelpful posts thinking they are funny:(

At least someone can see my point, his first post on the thread was a.. ''OMG that's like the funniest thing I've ever read on here''... he offered no input to the context of the thread, then or since.

/rant

Coming from the poster who's only input was to post the definition of Sarcasm?

Crack your jokes in another forum, or to another poster, I wasn't posting jokes.
    I'm a Dub in Galway- I don't have any guns. Sheesh, assumptions. Few sheisters here born and bread, doesn't need always be the Dubs!

I didn't say they were normal Dubs, nor did I say they were definitely Dubs.

You're twisting it based on what the other intellects tried to make out I said.

Down through the years, major robberies in this county have generally been perpetrated by criminal gangs from the east.

The details of the robbery were still sketchy at the time, so given the proximity to the motorway, and the use of a firearm(to my mind it was a handgun, it turned out to an antique), I said I taught it was a gang from Dublin.

Naturally, I assumed I was talking to adults so didn't word it as well as I could have, and some of the less intellectual poster/s decided to jump all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

/threadwreck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement