Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A small Dreamcast collection

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ten minutes in, and i'm still scrolling :eek:

Also... A fúcking Dreamcast scooter :p

DSC01547.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I know, it's a bizarre collection. You should check out another guy's Zelda collection on there, amazing stuff. Reminds me of a Mega Man/Rockman one I saw recently.

I actually want to buy a Dreamcast now, I think I'd get more out of it than the Saturn because all I want is SHMUPS and apparently the Dreamcast is the sultan of that genre, even having SHMUPS still developed for it even today if I am not mistaken?

Does anyone have any advice for buying a Dreamcast? Buy a Jap, US or UK console? Price range for a loose one? Where can you get them chipped? And so on...

What do you think? Dreamcast or Saturn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Dreamcast for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Does anyone have any advice for buying a Dreamcast? Buy a Jap, US or UK console? Price range for a loose one? Where can you get them chipped? And so on...

What do you think? Dreamcast or Saturn?

I will have a dreamcast up for sale very soon. I'm hitting the road out of dodge around the end of May so i'm selling off all my cherished stuff that realistically can't come with me :( (and tbh, i've not turned it on in about 2 years)

The little cousins have their grubby eyes on it but i'd rather see it in a safe and appreciated home.

There's a gun, wheel, several pads, some games that i can't recall fully (powerstone, hotd2, pg racing to name but a handful)

I need to get it all organised, take pics, and decide on a fair price. I'll report back in a few days if interested

theteal wrote: »
    I will have a dreamcast up for sale very soon. I need to get it all organised, take pics, and decide on a fair price. I'll report back in a few days if interested

Sounds interesting, keep me posted! Incidentally, is it a J/US or UK system?

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Sounds interesting, keep me posted! Incidentally, is it a J/US or UK system?

UK as far as I know. How could I check? I feel I should apologise for my noobness, my game playing days are unfortunately getting away from me. . .

UK as far as I know. How could I check? I feel I should apologise for my noobness, my game playing days are unfortunately getting away from me. . .

I think NTSC ones have an orange logo, PAL ones have a blue logo. There's also a black logo I think. Not sure what that one is for. Dev kit perhaps? :confused:

It's a PAL, i.e. UK. Again, i'll lash up pics and full details when I get a chance

It's a PAL, i.e. UK. Again, i'll lash up pics and full details when I get a chance

Groovy. Drop me a PM if you're keen, I think it's against the rules to post ad's in this forum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Was that a Train Conductor Controller about half way down? Wierd controller with a lever and a handle... Bizarre!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I got a little teary-eyed once I started seeing the Yukawa stuff.

I don't think we'll ever see this side of SEGA again.
    It's like their soul died with the DC... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd love to see Sega get back into the console business. I'd trade my Girlfriend for a Dreamcast 2, but not my 3DO collection :D

Looks like someone else will nab themselves a fine console from you, I just bought one on Adverts.ie this morning (my hunger for Japanese SHMUPS was too much), sorry.

Appreciate the offer though. Thanks. :)

Advertisement