Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Jaguar XF

Options
  • 20-04-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Just released to the public at the NY motor show....55mins ago! Finally I can share this!

1jaguarxfr2012firstpict.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4jaguarxfr2012firstpict.jpg

3jaguarxfr2012firstpict.jpg

2jaguarxfr2012firstpict.jpg

Obviously its just a mid-life refresh but I think it looks good. The front end is much sharper. Plus all the details of the new 2.2 4cyl diesel have been released:

2.2L 4cyl 188bhp turbodiesel
    8 speed ZF auto box
    Stop start
    52.3mpg
    CO2 emissions of 149g/km
    0-62mph 8.5 seconds
    450Nm of torque 
available from 2,000rpm
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great looking motor. I'll have the XF-R please....5 litre V8...510BHP....droooool

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Looks well, but any pics of the non R version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Don't like the lower air vents either side of the front of the car. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Nice. The front lights are definitely an improvement, although only a minor change. It actually reminds me of the front of the SEAT Exeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

CO2 of 149 for a 2,2 diesel is not great given what others are doing right now with larger more powerful diesel autos.
    I like the facelift though. That version is certainly cleaner than the old R

• Advertisement

It actually reminds me of the front of the SEAT Exeo.

Thats harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Non 'R' version here:

5jaguarxf2012firstpictu.jpg

6jaguarxf2012firstpictu.jpg

7jaguarxf2012firstpictu.jpg

8jaguarxf2012firstpictu.jpg

9jaguarxf2012firstpictu.jpg

Good god, what are those chrome things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

mickdw wrote: »
    Good god, what are those chrome things?

That's why I put up the R version first :p

mickdw wrote: »
    Thats harsh.

It does though, a bit, in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mr.David wrote: »
    Non 'R' version

hmmm, presume you can get them colour coded? Otherwise not too much of a step down looks wise from the R.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i hate this modern trend of big lumps of black below the bumper as done by renault, ford have now done same with the focus

dharn wrote: »
    i hate this modern trend of big lumps of black below the bumper as done by renault, ford have now done same with the focus

I actually like when they do this. It adds character rather than just having big, plain areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looking good. Quite aggressive looks, not unlike BMWs. Horrible in white though (only vans should come in white) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Looks quite an improvement I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Prefer the current model to this - i dont think the facelift has improved the looks on what was a superb design to begin with.

As someone else mentioned - 149g from an auto with 188bhp in this day and age is poor.

Edit - those chrome things at the front are just bizarre?? Maybe on an F1 car?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

2.2 4-pot Diesel?

Possibly the Mondeo engine with bigger injectors?

Fcuking gorgeous car though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

unkel wrote: »
    Looking good. Quite aggressive looks, not unlike BMWs. Horrible in white though (only vans should come in white) :D

have to agree... fecking awful in white...

but the R version... pass the kleenex please..... that is knuckle biting beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That R is some yoke. I love the bonnet. Kinda reminds me of American muscle cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Lovely, I've always been a big fan of the XF though.

Previously, with only a 2.7d and lately a 3.0d available, it's never really been a proper competitor to the 5 series and E class unless your comparing higher specs.

Hopefully now, with a choice of a 2.2d (and If Jag get the pricing right) this will be a nice alternative to the BMW and Merc.

What Jag really need now is something to replace the X Type. If they keep going designing cars the way they have with the XF and XJ...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Mr.David wrote: »

2.2L 4cyl 188bhp turbodiesel
    8 speed ZF auto box
    Stop start
    52.3mpg
    CO2 emissions of 149g/km
    0-62mph 8.5 seconds
    450Nm of torque 
available from 2,000rpm

I always compare new engines to my own ten year old 2.8l petrol to see how much better they are.

That new block is a diesel, 0.6l smaller, has 2 less cylinders and produces almost identical power, twice the economy, close to half the emissions, double the torque and same 0-60mph. Progress!

double the torque

only 225Nm from the 2.8 BMW? Is that approx in comparison to the Jag or literally half of 450Nm? Thought it would be over 250 easy.

Wiki says 280Nm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

Any word on power upgrades to the engine lineup? Would be pretty sweet if they boosted the 3.0D S closer to 300ps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

RoverJames wrote: »
    Wiki says 280Nm :)

Ops, I recalled mine in ft/lbs, thought it didn't make any sense all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Any word on Irish prices Mr. David?

As Drummerboy said, hopefully it will provide a decent alternative to the 520 / A6, if the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Now that it has the "right" engine (well of course all proper Jags have at least six cylinders but the dreary old four pots are where the sales lie in backward old Ireland), and will in theory be much cheaper than before, let's see what kind of sales this will clock up.

With BMW after messing up the latest 5 series, the XF is clearly the best executive saloon, especially for those who like driving and can see that there is life beyond the Germans. Now that it has an engine that will allow it to knock a few sales out of BMW, Merc and Audi, and Jaguar deserves to really, the Germans have become so arrogant they think they can produce any old muck and us fools will buy it because they have the right "badge". It's time they were knocked down a peg or two (especially BMW, who are obsessed with cutting costs rather than automotive engineering excellence these days) and hopefully it will make them produce cars that make them worth the extra money over the non premium machinery.

Also good to know that the six cylinder models, which of course are for people who can afford a real Jag rather than a Jag with a Mondeo engine, are now in VRT band D (rather than band E) as well:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Still a bit dumpy but at least the new front and rear lights have tidied it up a lot, the old headlights in particular really didn't work.

Also what is up with those aftermarket looking rear parking sensors?

Should see a fair few more of them about with the 2.2 engine up front which is a good thing, you can't move around here without falling over a new 520d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

People moaning about the Co2/Power

F10 520d:
    8 speed auto
    54mpg
    CO2 137g/km
    0-60mph 7.8s
    380Nm torque
    181BHP

2012 Jaguar XF 2.2d
    8 speed auto
    52.3mpg
    CO2 149g/km
    0-62mph 8.5 seconds
    450Nm torque
    188BHP

F10 525d:
    8 speed auto
    46mpg
    CO2 160g/km
    0-60 7s
    450Nm torque
    201BHP

Seems to fit in nicely between a 520d and a 525d, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Love these cars, unique and still rare on these shores. MD at work has a new XJ. Look forward to the XF diesels coming into my price range over the next few years.

Advertisement