Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Jaguar XF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

any update on a price and release date for the 2.2d yet? It's already on the UK website but no doubt it will be a bit before we see it on jaguar.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 finners01

Hi all
    Would appreciate feedback.....
    Currently considering an 08 520d but for 2k extra I could get an XF.
    I seriously prefer the shape and interior of the xf as does my wife however....I can't help but think that the Jaguar brand is for older people and not for an early 30s couple!!
    The other consideration is the 2.7l vs the 2.0 in the 520 but I can live with the extra tax.
    What you think the age profile of an XF owner is?
    Am I mad to even care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I'm early 30's and would have the xf in a heartbeat over the 520d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

As asked already? Any price guidelines?

Would be nice to see it coming in mid 30's.... :p

Also - want to show us some pics of the next x-type (or whatever it's going to called)?!

If priced correctly this XF could nearly hit the old x-type market

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

finners01 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Would appreciate feedback.....
    Currently considering an 08 520d but for 2k extra I could get an XF.
    I seriously prefer the shape and interior of the xf as does my wife however....I can't help but think that the Jaguar brand is for older people and not for an early 30s couple!!
    The other consideration is the 2.7l vs the 2.0 in the 520 but I can live with the extra tax.
    What you think the age profile of an XF owner is?
    Am I mad to even care?

If you were talking about an old model xj, I would possibly agree that it would be a bit old man but an xf is certainly not an old mans car IMO. Much nicer choice than a run of the mill 520d.

and yes you are mad to even care. Your wife even agrees so you are set.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Jaguar UK are quoting £30k sterling for the 2.2 SE model going up to £43k stg for the top of the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Shane732 wrote: »
    As asked already? Any price guidelines?

Would be nice to see it coming in mid 30's.... :p

Also - want to show us some pics of the next x-type (or whatever it's going to called)?!

If priced correctly this XF could nearly hit the old x-type market

Price gonna be north of 45k in ireland .........for 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I see they've made the headlights look a lot closer to what the original concept looked like. A very good move IMO.

Jag_xf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Pure sex, not a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

So when can I buy it?? I just read about it while travelling abroad and I was about to buy an E class but this seems way above that. I need delivery buy October at latest though!!!

Not trolling, serious question. When can I test drive in Ireland. It looks divine. I was buy the E class, not for it's looks or drive, but really because I wanted a little luxury and none of the cars really set the world on fire - but this does, I think. I could feel happy paying decent money for this (the E class was questionable!!)

I'm in Cork and have to say the dealers are less than helpful for this!

Pitsy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

been a fan of the XF for a bit now and this new one has me clapping louder. Not in favour of the white but is definitely top of my list for my next motor in a few yrs time when they come into my price range

Even if I was 30 I'd have one of these over a 5 series any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

pitstop wrote: »
    I'm in Cork and have to say the dealers are less than helpful for this!

Pitsy...

Were you talking to Dan in Jaguar in Cork? He's the man to talk to, but he is on Holiday this week and next.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Were you talking to Dan in Jaguar in Cork? He's the man to talk to, but he is on Holiday this week and next.

No, (although was in there this week), happy to wait two weeks if I thought I could get what I want. Thanks for the tipoff ROR.

God, I love this car but dealers don't make it easy to try it out, never mind buy!!

I hate german design and finish so this is why the jag appeals.

It's amazing, have CASH, ready to go and can't get what I want - maybe in two weeks!

Pitsy...

and yes, I have had this problem before!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

The Jaguar XF 2.2D will start arriving into Ireland in September, if you order a car now, it will arrive into Ireland mid-late September.

The 3.0D models are available from stock. Jaguar Cork have a XF 3.0D Luxury model available for test drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I spotted them making the ad for the car near the Liver building in Liverpool at the start of the month. It looks very well out in the real world

The Jaguar XF 2.2D will start arriving into Ireland in September, if you order a car now, it will arrive into Ireland mid-late September.

Thanks GiftGrub100, saw that one alright.

The 3.0D models are available from stock. Jaguar Cork have a XF 3.0D Luxury model available for test drive.

Hmmm......do I feel OK ordering a model I have not actually driven??? Am I mad to worry about that given I can drive the 3.0? Is it mad to buy the first ones out???

I really really want it. God, I dunno (OH just saw a holiday home for 100k and wants to spend my car money on that!).

Pitsy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

any upgrade in performance on the real (petrol) engines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Hmmm......do I feel OK ordering a model I have not actually driven??? Am I mad to worry about that given I can drive the 3.0? Is it mad to buy the first ones out???

I really really want it. God, I dunno (OH just saw a holiday home for 100k and wants to spend my car money on that!).

Pitsy

Would they have your model for testdrive in the uk? Might be worth a few phone calls and a trip over to get the order in earlier when you get back?

Pitsy

Definitely test drive it and more than once. There are a few at dealers arouhd the country

And dont bother with the holiday home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Have to wonder why the German's won't take a risk and produce something like this.

No doubt, it prob doesn't handle as well as a 5 series, but it beats the pants off them for looks.

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Definitely test drive it and more than once. There are a few at dealers arouhd the country

And dont bother with the holiday home

My kind of thinking! I go to the UK regularly so might see if I can find 2.2 somewhere there for a test drive. I could test drive 3.0 here to see if I really like her and then use UK test drive to see if the engine works for me (I am wondering if the 2.2 might be a bit sluggish as it's a big car)..

This is far superior to anything in it's class, I think, and I have checked just about everything.

Will let you know about the test drive...

Pitsy

My kind of thinking! I go to the UK regularly so might see if I can find 2.2 somewhere there for a test drive. I could test drive 3.0 here to see if I really like her and then use UK test drive to see if the engine works for me (I am wondering if the 2.2 might be a bit sluggish as it's a big car)..

This is far superior to anything in it's class, I think, and I have checked just about everything.

Pitsy

it depends what you define as sluggish...

I think the 2.2 is powerful enough for the car given the stats, but if I had the choice and spends I would opt for the 3.0 Diesel S any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭panacea

Tag for reference as seriously considering the XF.

Been driving BMW 320 and Merc E200 for last few years and this is the only car I have seen that makes me feel like splurging.

Not sure that resale would be great down the road but still prefer to looks and styling of this over anything else I can think of atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Pitsy

You will get a test drive in a 2.2 if you ring a dealer and book shouldnt be an issue.

Having driven both, I guess as you would expect the 3.0 is the nicer engine! The 2.2 pulls well and is generally very impressive (with an 8 speed auto its seamless) but of course the 3.0 has the extra power and 2 cylinders.

The 2.2 is a really good engine and the car drives very well its just a question of your budget.

Be aware that there are two versions of the 3.0d also, with a big difference between them in the manor in which they drive (the 'S' is fantastic!!).

I wouldnt worry about buying one of the first ones as you previously mentioned, everything seems to have been nailed especially as this is an evolution of an existing product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Bob Cratchet

I love JAG's but this looks nothing like one.

I thought it was a new SEAT :(

I promised I would return with an update. Although it's a while (and no one is probably interested!) but I just got my rather lovely Jaguar XF 2.2D.

To say it is beautiful is an understatement. I have never had so many comments for complete strangers. The engine is good, not as smooth, of course, as the 3.0 V8 but very quite for a diesel. The finish is outstanding - one niggle - MPG need to improve otherwise I will be complaining - way way off the listed MPGs.

I eventually bought at J&P - once I got to know and build up a relationship with the sales guy (who actually was not a Jag sales guy but did a great job) - he was every so helpful and great to inform on delivery date. I did put him through his paces by nearly changing our mind on the day!

BUT BUT BUT, J&P did give me a small heart attack. I arrived to give the car a once over - it was looking OK outside but INSIDE, it was covered in dirt! They explained that they had taken it to an agri show and would have it pristine when I came to pick it up the following day. Next day I arrived, did a once over - clean job was pretty good, one or two misses which the sales guy dealt with immediately and then.......my heart dropped as I saw a series of scrapes on the front wing, just where the light hit it. I was amazed. TBH, the sales guy was also amazed, they took it away to have a look, sales guy came back and said the polish helped but it was still there and they offered to send it to someone to do something that might leave a circular pattern on it (sorry, it did actually have a name but I have forgotten). So we talk some more - I think the sales guy was just as disappointed as me. I was pretty much decided that I was going to walk away and went and had a final look - but actually, the polish has worked and I could not see it at all - despite really trying so I decided to go ahead - I know, probably mad, but I was in love with it.

But I am amazed that they let the car out to a show - surely it's then ex demo not a new car...

So a small nightmare memory remains in what is really a wonderful experience.

Sorry - far too long, but needed to get that off my chest!

Pitsy..

Every farmer in the country set in and on your car.

It was clearly at the ploughing championships and I would of looked for money off. It is an ex-demo and not a new car.

Shabby treatment BTW it should of been resprayed

I got it the week before the ploughing championship - thank God!!

I possibly was an idiot not bartering - but I so wanted it!

I got it the week before the ploughing championship - thank God!!

I possibly was an idiot not bartering - but I so wanted it!

Sorry assumed you got it afterwards.

Dublin Horse how then I assume.

I wouldn't of been impressed bu if your happy that really is all that counts and I am jealous TBH.

Nice car and I hope you enjoy it :cool:

• Advertisement

I wasn't impressed - it seems mad! Especially in this climate that a main dealers cannot give you a new car if you pay for a new car. In hindsight, I probably should have walked away and found a dealer who was prepared to sell me exactly what I was paying for...

.....but she is still beautiful and I love her.

Advertisement